Mastad tint - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mastad tint

I ordered the 11" extra dark tint.

I saw that the extra dark was available in the 13" so when I called to order I asked the lady about it. She said I could order the extra dark in 11" and if I don't like it I can order a new outer shield for $110 (I think was the price) She also mentioned something about a 10% discount if I keep the original extra dark shield also.

Hopefully I will like the extra dark tint and not have to switch it out. I always wanted the real dark tinted windshield for my HD Fatboy but it was never available. HD made a short real dark windshield for the Road King that I always lusted after but not the Fatboy. So I am taking the gamble to have not only the best windshield but the dark look I always wanted. You only live once and there is nothing to good for my baby.
    Steve

Got clear. I can see through it well and it seems to keep the illusion of a lower windscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNC View Post
    Got clear. I can see through it well and it seems to keep the illusion of a lower windscreen.
    for me. Mine is set so I don't have to look thru it unless I need to see something closer in. It's the illusion of still having a bagger-style screen that finally won me over with Madstad.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    How dark is your Mastad windshield?
    I would like to get the dark tint for the looks but is it too dark at night? I would like to look over the windshield but that may not be the best position for wind protection if I am looking completely over.
    Steve

I have the 11" dark for most riding, the dark matches the blacked out look, for a long trip I put on the 15" light grey. Thought I wanted the 15" in clear, but the light tint helps quite a bit with glare, and it's not dark enough to make a difference while night riding.