Just back from Franklin - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Just back from Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Holy worn out rear tire Batman ! I believe you got all the "good" out of that one, Jeff!
    I was shocked to say the least. I'm only at 8856 miles and figured I had a couple more thousand before I needed to monitor closely. Discovered that when I was cleaning her up from the trip. Investigating darkside options now and will make a decision and order one way or the other by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    I was shocked to say the least. I'm only at 8856 miles and figured I had a couple more thousand before I needed to monitor closely. Discovered that when I was cleaning her up from the trip. Investigating darkside options now and will make a decision and order one way or the other by tomorrow.
    Holy Crap Batman! That's some serious tire wear for only 8.8K. What air pressure have you been running and how frequently did you check it?

Consistently ran 40 and manually checked it weekly. My Zumo has the TPMS and was constantly monitored there as well.

Consistently ran 40 and manually checked it weekly. My Zumo has the TPMS and was constantly monitored there as well.
    Very interesting! Thanks for the info. I'll have to look closely at my rear tire now as the miles keep increasing. That tire looks like it has been through hell, literally.

Back in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I join with you in sending out a big thank you to Phantom. The time and effort put into the planning became obvious as the event unfolded. And, hiflyer, you're so right about the great people in our group. BTW, thanks for coming from far away to join us. Really enjoyed meeting you !
    This was quite an event. I learned a lot about myself and this bike during the event's rides. This bike handled better than I ever thought a big bike could. But you "WING" guys already knew that. And to just pack up and go without any concern about the motorcycle is a feeling that is new to me, and I LIKE IT!
    I was very impressed with how well the event was organized and executed. Phantom you did a wonderful job! And I want your T REX!
    I got back to CT around 2 PM today with a total trip mileage of approximately 2300 miles. Turned 14000 miles on the bike during the ride home.
    The fellowship during the event was wonderful and it was nice to put a face to the names. We enjoyed the ride down and back with ZZ from NY. One of the best pictures of the bikes was from the back with them all lined up.
    To top off a great vacation, there was basically no rain all the way home. A great end to a great vacation. Thanks again Phantom and everyone that was there.
    Oh, I guess I'll start ordering more accessories in the AM!

Great job Tony! We got back today around 2pm. No rain the whole trip! Round trip about 2300 miles.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I concur! This was my first rally and will definitely become an annual event on my calendar. Met some great members, ate some great food, shared some laughs, and traveled some phenomenal roads. Kudos to Phantom for his coordination and commitment to excellence in planning.

Now, if I had just won that rear tire......

Attachment 8093
    Is that an Elite III?

Back in MD

A wonderful event, great rides, great organization. Thanks Tony for all of your hard work in setting this up. Got home last evening, up eventful ride home, last hour in pouring rain. The bike really handles well despite the conditions. Can't wait for next year!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Is that an Elite III?
    No, OEM Bridgestone.

I echo all the statements above, really great to put some faces with the forum names. Also as mentioned several times Great job Tony!

Great to meet and talk to you all!