Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 6
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    I'm never far from a gun...or the US Constitution. My copy says there are Articles I thru VII, and Amendments I thru XXVII. I completely agree with your interpretation of Amendment II, but wonder about calling it an Article.
    Because that is what the founders who wrote it called it. If you look at a copy of the original document they are denoted as Articles not Amendments. An amendment by its very nature amends something already written, however, the first ten entries on the Bill of Rights were original writings, they weren't amending anything. After the first ten original there were succeeding amendments. There is a case out of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, I'll try and look for it, that says just that.

(I am not hijacking the thread) - disclaimer

Well - there is no solid answer explaining my question .
    But I recall George Carlin's quote , still resonating , when I asked him the same. He reposted :

"America is a museum of mass confusion , where written common law for all can be twisted only by lawyers , which by the way is serving them very well , so this was the purpose of writing it"...

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Because that is what the founders who wrote it called it. If you look at a copy of the original document they are denoted as Articles not Amendments. An amendment by its very nature amends something already written, however, the first ten entries on the Bill of Rights were original writings, they weren't amending anything. After the first ten original there were succeeding amendments. There is a case out of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, I'll try and look for it, that says just that.

(I am not hijacking the thread) - disclaimer
    Thanks. I'd never heard that before.

I have a really aggresive philodendron that I keep for personal protection.
    ss^,
    Ken

Kershaw is all I need.......

I own a bunch and always carry unless I'm going somewhere that's prohibitive.

I was a cop in one of the worst cities in the USA. After law school I was a prosecutor for awhile. I've dealt with the scum of our society for much of my adult life.

I spent 11 years on active duty and 17 in the US Army Reserves, so I've been well trained.

There are those in our society who are beyond salvage. They prey on the weak, elderly, and innocent. I don't intend to be one of their victims. Those who responded from other countries don't face the same problems we have. Sure, they have their share of bad guys, but we have entire generations of thieves, muggers, mental cases, and those with a sense that they'll take whatever they want from any likely victim.

If you're not trained and not of the right mind set you shouldn't carry. Some are wolves, some are sheep, some are sheep dogs. That's just the way things are.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Kershaw is all I need.......
    +1 kershaw.....and my sp101,rock island 45....

I own a bunch and always carry unless I'm going somewhere that's prohibitive.

I was a cop in one of the worst cities in the USA. After law school I was a prosecutor for awhile. I've dealt with the scum of our society for much of my adult life.

I spent 11 years on active duty and 17 in the US Army Reserves, so I've been well trained.

There are those in our society who are beyond salvage. They prey on the weak, elderly, and innocent. I don't intend to be one of their victims. Those who responded from other countries don't face the same problems we have. Sure, they have their share of bad guys, but we have entire generations of thieves, muggers, mental cases, and those with a sense that they'll take whatever they want from any likely victim.

If you're not trained and not of the right mind set you shouldn't carry. Some are wolves, some are sheep, some are sheep dogs. That's just the way things are.
    What fascinate me ( as being a foreigner ) in this country is fact , that System itself create environment for criminals and fight with them in the same time . Did you ever think about it ? Why in USA incarceration rate
    per capita is THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD ( and still is growing ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    What fascinate me ( as being a foreigner ) in this country is fact , that System itself create environment for criminals and fight with them in the same time . Did you ever think about it ? Why in USA incarceration rate
    per capita is THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD ( and still is growing ) ?
    The best way to destabilize a society is from within. If you have an active criminal element that acts as an efficient social controller while at the same time fragmenting a society. It's the same game plan gov'ts use to subvert populations, regardless of the flag.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    The best way to destabilize a society is from within. If you have an active criminal element that acts as an efficient social controller while at the same time fragmenting a society. It's the same game plan gov'ts use to subvert populations, regardless of the flag.

So , it means - waiving the flag above can be called "American Exceptionalism" ?
    Looks like is no obvious solution to cure all System , but giving chances to all by education and fairness would help a lot . The problem is , nobody wants , or even try to start this process . Many countries did it already and surprisingly ... succeeded . Ironically , their flags wave at the bottom of the list .