Tire Changing Time...Will a HF rack work? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Changing Time...Will a HF rack work?

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Here's a view that shows the center stand holding the rear off the ground.

Attachment 6938
    Probably a stupid question but does any oil leak out? I'm going to tackle mine this way come winter.

Not a stupid question at all, MRB. I've never had any leak out, no sir.

Some folks on other 'Wing forums have also expressed concern about the footpeg mount being pushed into the ground and being stressed as well. I've checked this while it was on it side, and confirmed that the peg mount does not touch. The peg itself does touch, of course, but it's not at the limits of its movement, and can actually fold up a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Not a stupid question at all, MRB. I've never had any leak out, no sir.

Some folks on other 'Wing forums have also expressed concern about the footpeg mount being pushed into the ground and being stressed as well. I've checked this while it was on it side, and confirmed that the peg mount does not touch. The peg itself does touch, of course, but it's not at the limits of its movement, and can actually fold up a bit further.
    Cool, thanks. Luckily I have the rivco footpegs so they fold in and out of the way

Roll it over on its side. I have 46K on mine and have rolled it several times to replace the rear tire. its tooooo easy. I have two rear wheels and have one on hand when the other is finished.

Just center stand and remove the back panel. So easy and safe.

This weekend I finally added a center stand to my Standard 2016. Had to lay the bike over on the right side to get the final allen head bolt in on the left side and set the spring. It was easy to get over and bring back up. I'll do it again when it's time for a rear tire.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.