Bike wash question

Thread: Bike wash question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not a gas powered blower but I use my electric Toro leaf blower to dry my bike off all the time. No damage to the bike at all.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Not a gas powered blower but I use my electric Toro leaf blower to dry my bike off all the time. No damage to the bike at all.
    +1 In addition it's great for occasionally blowing out the radiators

No way would I use a gas powered leaf blower on my bike, period...I purchased the long handled air device that some of us got a while back from Harbor Freight and hook it up to my air compressor if I need it...Have never washed any of my bikes with water anyhow and only clean with Honda Cleaner/polish..(now called Original cleaner/polish)...Been lucky I suppose to have not gotten on dirt roads or in the rain when riding.....Ride safe

Several years ago, my dealers washed bikes after a service or repair. They used pressurized air to dry them off This became an issue, as it forced water into connectors and there it would slowly corrode and begin a host of electrical issues. Many dealers stopped due to customer issues and arguments about the air pressure and the issues they found it caused. I get this info from my brother who owns Harley Dealership in Connecticut. They found some mold and/or corrosion and with electronics not using high amps, there in lies the problems!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68