Vtx 1800 Retro Vs F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vtx 1800 Retro Vs F6B

Quote Originally Posted by GentleDoum View Post
    Glad to hear that! I know about the paint issuee, some complaining about the pegs too low in turns.... But still, i love the engine.
    The paint is a concern for some, but not all. Do Not let that stand in your way of mechanical performance that is outstanding.

Pegs too low? I have some experience on a range of bikes and it is not an issue at all to anyone riding this machine as intended. I'd put the peg concerns up in the paint issue category.

VTX is archaic in comparison!

I know. Strong words but true. IMO. I still have my VTX 1800 RS. Loaded !
    Perhaps $30k invested. Great machine for that era. But a dinosaur today. Steering too heavy, small turning radius, underbraked, very top heavy.
    Great reliability And torque, but the 6 SMOKES it. Not even close.

The only thing the X has is the Vtwin cult love of the thumping engine.
    Don't get me wrong. I love the thump too but the music from the horizontal 6 is really where it's at.

V- twins are for those stuck in the past.
    There are much better bikes and engines.

Today I test rode the 2014 Indian Chieftan. Lots of great toys on it . Great look. But not in the same league as the F6B or honda for that matter.

It Felt gutless and with a lack of character.

Get the 6. Best bike. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    I know. Strong words but true. IMO. I still have my VTX 1800 RS. Loaded !
    Perhaps $30k invested. Great machine for that era. But a dinosaur today. Steering too heavy, small turning radius, underbraked, very top heavy.
    Great reliability And torque, but the 6 SMOKES it. Not even close.

The only thing the X has is the Vtwin cult love of the thumping engine.
    Don't get me wrong. I love the thump too but the music from the horizontal 6 is really where it's at.

V- twins are for those stuck in the past.
    There are much better bikes and engines.

Today I test rode the 2014 Indian Chieftan. Lots of great toys on it . Great look. But not in the same league as the F6B or honda for that matter.

It Felt gutless and with a lack of character.

Get the 6. Best bike. No joke.
    Based on everything i read on the 6, and i ve read a lot on the net, over 95% or so are saying that you can t go wrong with it. When purists as HD owners are switching for Honda, you gotta think to yourself... Wow... Ok... Gotta be a hell of machine!i love my Vtx but i got to admit that everything you said... Well you re right about it....
    Sometimes love gets you blind i guessssss! My mind is pretty set. Number 6 is coming soon. By the way, i think you re coming from ontario... Are you getting a better price than mine for a 2013 (lately if you know) right now it s around 18500$ plus tx of course....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Easiest just to say 'Test ride one'

06 1800 C1 bought new in '08 traded in '11. Thought it was nice at the time. (Checking rear cylinder valve lash was a PITA!!!!)

Looking back,,, top heavy,,, and that dual pin crank made it sound like a tractor,,,

It was dependable, powerful, easy to change oil, no real problems at all,,, Do I miss it? Not really,,, The 09 Stratoliner I had after the VTX made the X look/feel 'utilitarian',,,

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Based on everything i read on the 6, and i ve read a lot on the net, over 95% or so are saying that you can t go wrong with it. When purists as HD owners are switching to Honda, you gotta think to yourself... Wow... Ok... Gotta be a hell of machine!
    See the attached poll, who is the number 2 buyer for the f6b after a Honda Owner ????

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

One thing i was wondering, about the fuel, must be relatively even between both? Are they?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    One thing i was wondering, about the fuel, must be relatively even between both? Are they?
    38-42 mpg seems to be the "AVERAGE"

If you want economy, then don't buy the F6B, you will want to ride it like a crotch rocket and your fuel mileage will be in the mid 30's. If you baby the throttle you could get 45-46 mpg.

If you can afford a F6B .... certainly you can afford the fuel

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    See the attached poll, who is the number 2 buyer for the f6b after a Honda Owner ????
    Life is full of surprises! Next surprise would be to be waved by an Hd owner while crossing him on my 6 ( soooooooooon!)
    Well ok... It happened few times before already.... Can t be a bad ass about it! All kinds everywhere.... I had great and bad experiences concerning that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    38-42 mpg seems to be the "AVERAGE"

If you want economy, then don't buy the F6B, you will want to ride it like a crotch rocket and your fuel mileage will be in the mid 30's. If you baby the throttle you could get 45-46 mpg.

If you can afford a F6B .... certainly you can afford the fuel
    At that price... Won t stay in the garage!

I had a 1800VTXF,2005 year with gobs of chrome and lots of aftermarket goodies...Very nice bike and lots of power, etc.,etc...But nothing like the F6B in smoothness, power, handling, ride, and wind protection....I had no bags or anything on the VTX and really missed strorage space on occasion...F6B is the best of both worlds for me and I intend to keep it for a while...Traded my 2011 Vision Tour for the F6B with no regrets so far......You will love the F6B as it is like a fine wine and gets better with age.....