My Apology to heated grips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Apology to heated grips

My Apology to heated grips

Dear heated grips,

I know in the past I have publicly denounced you and praised your nemesis heated gloves. After all, I maintained that I wanted my heat inside the gloves not on the outside. Like meany people do, I spoke from unfounded opinions and speculation, not from experience. However, my eyes have been opened. Yesterday when the temperature was a bone chilling, 18 degrees and my heated glove on the road in my wife's car, I gave you a chance to prove yourself.

SO I took off on a short 100 mile ride and the temp never rising above 20. All I had was you and my summer gloves. I cranked you up to full blast and thought good luck to both of us we will need it. OH WOW, to your credit I turned you down a notch with in the first 10 minutes. And another 10 minutes later I turned you down one more notch. Although the tips of my fingers did get cold they were never miserable. Despite my total lack of faith in you, you embraced me.

So dear heated grips, you not only warmed my hands but also my heart. Again my most profound apologies and deepest thanks.

PS do you know anywhere I can get heated foot pegs

It 'a feeling that I've never tried .......

Not sure about the heated pegs----but if you buy a Harley you can get a heated crotch that comes standard. The downside is that it only works in the summertime.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Not sure about the heated pegs----but if you buy a Harley you can get a heated crotch that comes standard. The downside is that it only works in the summertime.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Concur with the Harley assessment, but if you've ever ridden a Valk in the summer, you know that will bring things to a quick boil as well.

I actually need air conditioned grips in the summer.

shooter
    What about air conditioned crotch........oh that's when I wear the work jeans with the hole in the crotch.

This was a selling point for me. I'm suprised noone has done this prior. For years i have had heated grips on my snowmobiles and atv's. Not too many things better than warm hands when your riding on a cold day.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    What about air conditioned crotch........oh that's when I wear the work jeans with the hole in the crotch.

TMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    TMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...says the man who posted half nekkid pictures of himself and one of him wearing a hospital dressing gown......