Does the black F6B grow on you?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does the black F6B grow on you?

Does the black F6B grow on you?

I'm getting ready to buy a new 2013 or 2014 leftover (fits my budget) but the color choices are a tough call. My local dealer had a yellow (my first choice) standard at a great price but I hesitated for a few days and of course it was sold. Yellow is now pretty scarce. Dealer says they can find me a red 2013 (second choice) but unless it's in a crate it could be a bit worse for the wear coming from another shop. Which leaves the black 2014 at my dealer, who I'd like to do business with. The only black bike in my 45 year collection (1999 Triumph Daytona 1200 SP) was tempered a little by those gorgeous gold wheels. The F6B is all black and while it does have a certain stealthy, put together look to it, this is going to be a long-term keeper and I want to be happy every time I open the garage door. So, am I making too much out of nothing, or have any of you folks struggled with the same issue? Have to say that I really like the 2015 blue but the black pipes don't do it for me. Thanks for any input.

Didn't have to grow...I liked it from the get go.
    The stealth looking angles and coloring, reminds of the SR-71 in a few ways....

This is also the one bike I can "pilot" and not just ride......
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Once black is clean, with a good polish and protectant, there is no color that looks better. IMO.

However-

Be prepared for obsessing over this black looking good or forget about it and ride.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Once black is clean, with a good polish and protectant, there is no color that looks better. IMO.

However-

Be prepared for obsessing over this black looking good or forget about it and ride.

J
    Like chrome.

I now say "no" to both... and my life is much more unencumbered

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post

However-

J
    Black also looks low, fast and a buddy says, Sinister..
    Get the black one..
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

black bike

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    I'm getting ready to buy a new 2013 or 2014 leftover (fits my budget) but the color choices are a tough call. My local dealer had a yellow (my first choice) standard at a great price but I hesitated for a few days and of course it was sold. Yellow is now pretty scarce. Dealer says they can find me a red 2013 (second choice) but unless it's in a crate it could be a bit worse for the wear coming from another shop. Which leaves the black 2014 at my dealer, who I'd like to do business with. The only black bike in my 45 year collection (1999 Triumph Daytona 1200 SP) was tempered a little by those gorgeous gold wheels. The F6B is all black and while it does have a certain stealthy, put together look to it, this is going to be a long-term keeper and I want to be happy every time I open the garage door. So, am I making too much out of nothing, or have any of you folks struggled with the same issue? Have to say that I really like the 2015 blue but the black pipes don't do it for me. Thanks for any input.

i never wanted a black bike - everyone has a black bike - but i now own a black F6B - and i love it. . . . this bike is meant to be black.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Go ahead and get black... then try to find it out in the sea of black that is any rider gathering. I say go with your first instinct and try to find a yellow. They absolutely, hands down without a doubt are the best looking F6B out there. And of course we all know that yellow is the fastest, regardless of what the unenlightened masses will try to get you to believe.

Attachment 21366
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I like my matte silver...black needs to much cleaning, the blue looked hideous, red's alright, can't stand most white paint jobs and I've never seen a yellow in person. All that being said, buy the color you like even if you have to search a bit .

Tough Choice

I wouldn't want to be you, maybe if the colors represented something, that might help.

I have found that every time that I have "settled", that I have never really been happy with the decision.

I've spent an awful lot of money trying to get whatever it was I had bought, to where I really wanted it to be. And then was still not really happy.

No More.

I only have so much time left on this planet. I get what I want.

YMMV

As far as one color being faster than another. The only difference is the added drag caused by all of the scratches in the paint.

And as far as a color representing anything

Attachment 21374

Attachment 21375

Attachment 21373

Attachment 21376

BOOM!

Attachment 21379