Windscreen choice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen choice

Klock Werks guy here. Add the Baker Hand Wings and I don't know what else could be better--- Great protection and good looks. The hand wings add a ton of protection.

I just cannot deal with a 4 foot tall chunk of plexiglass on my sleek looking B.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Windshields and oil threads are never ending as we all have our opinions....I am 5'9" have the Mustang seat and the 11"-19" Baggershield set at the max height..Absolutely no buffeting felt, wind noise is minimal, if any, and I am 100% satistfied with this set-up...No, I have not tried anything other than the stock set-up and do not intend to...Ride safe....JMHO

Windshields

Don here at F4 Customs. We would love to earn your business. Our shields are Highly Scratch Resistant, Shed Rain, and are Optically perfect. Going with our taller windshield stops all of the head buffeting and wind noise for you and your co rider. We also handle the Baker Air Wings which is a large improvement also. We have a 10% off sale on both items until Jan. 1st.
    Don
    330-968-4644

Like everyone has said if you changing your seat do that before you change your shield. I had a BS screen and around town I used the bottom section only, on trips I flip the upper in. It was pretty good until I won the Clearview Shield at the second Annual rally! Now I have the largest Clearview shield with vent. I'm am not that tall, but I do sit tall and I need a taller shield or my helmet will blow all over the place. I'm currently happy with my choice if I get warm I open the vent and Baker shields.

I believe the Clearview is 19" to the top. The bagger is 11" lower only and 18" or 19" with upper section in. Choosing the right height is fairly easy, mark off 50 ft in front of the bike and sitting on the bike if you can see over the shield and see that mark your good to go. With the clearview I can see 35' mark. I'm only 5'7", but like I said I sit tall in the saddle.

My avatar has the BS on it when the wife and I went to the 2nd Annual Rally!

Here is the Clearview -
    Attachment 10256
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Question

JackB.... What do you have attached to the fronts of your saddle bags? Looks like some kind of scuff plate? What brand, cost, and how is installation? Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Windscreen

Hi!I just the bike 2 month ago, so Im still testing it...but the feeling is amazing.
    I have ordered this week the Klock Werks Windshield flare dark smoke (after a lot of doubts) and the Mustang Tripper Fastback Tuck and Roll Seat...I think is a good choice, but maybe is not enough to reduce the wind in my head (im 6´2"). I´ve seen here some photos with the same pack and the look is fantastic.
    Im waiting as well for the Kury Ergo II pegs, but i don't know how they will works with me...

Let wait and i will post pictures!
    Regards
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    Hi!I just the bike 2 month ago, so Im still testing it...but the feeling is amazing.
    I have ordered this week the Klock Werks Windshield flare dark smoke (after a lot of doubts) and the Mustang Tripper Fastback Tuck and Roll Seat...I think is a good choice, but maybe is not enough to reduce the wind in my head (im 6´2"). I´ve seen here some photos with the same pack and the look is fantastic.
    Im waiting as well for the Kury Ergo II pegs, but i don't know how they will works with me...

Let wait and i will post pictures!
    Regards
    send pics when you get Klock werks on

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I too had 4 different shields until I found the right one. I went with an Ergomot electric screen. It adjusts from 13' to 18' (or anywhere in between) with the flick of a switch. I keep it down in warmer weather and full height on the highway or in colder weather. Which ever shield you pick I couldn't agree more with these guys about choosing a seat first. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I used the Honda OEM tall windshield. For the first 24000 miles and it was, of course, better than stock. I recently bought a tall tinted F4 Customs and really like it. Larger area helps with wind protection and the coating that allows the screen to be cleaned with household window cleaner adds to the value of their products.

Attachment 10158Attachment 10159
    When you switched to the F4 Customs what size, tint did you order?

Did you think the Honda was too tall? Did you order the F4 lower? wider? what tint?

(I have only ridden a short test ride with the honda) I thought the wind protections was great / I would like it 1 -2 inches lower with tint.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Are you sure the 2015 has reverse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost Fair View Post
    This is gold.

I don't know for certain that the 2015 has reverse

The 2015 Euro F6B has reverse; no other regions that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    Exactly!