Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 19

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    If one does not like living in the USA and its Government intrusions in your life, try living in China, North Korea, Russian or the Middle East for a while and then decide what is the best place to be....!!!..I don't like the way our Government operates very much either, but it beats the "crap" out of most other countries to make our lives somewhat easier...JMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Thanks Opas! Agree totally, and.........if you don't like it, then get out. I think there are thousands and thousands doing everything they can to get here.
    Y'all crack me up. No one mentioned anything about "not liking living in the USA" but undeniably, the government intrusions are getting more and more persistent and impertinent.
    Relative to other countries, well, duh. No kidding. I wore a uniform for over 29 years. I've been to other countries. Australia, Philippines, China, Korea, Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, xxxistan. I've seen what they do and that's totally irrelevant to the debate.

My point was that the US gov't is getting too big for its britches, is impeding freedom of choices while completely restricting others, has managed to outspend the taxpayers' affordability of the #2 economy on the planet, and when there are already too many laws for the current Dept of Justice to enforce, the answer - according to many - is obviously a larger enforcement branch. Welcome to the Matrix. At what point do "We the People" say enough? I recommend a thorough reading of the Constitution and see if you like where the country is headed....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Y'all crack me up. No one mentioned anything about "not liking living in the USA"" I recommend a thorough reading of the Constitution and see if you like where the country is headed....
    I'm old enough to see the changes that are taking place. I don't like it either. I've read the constitution many times. My post was not directed at anyone here on the board, rather as a broad paintbrush to those in this country who do nothing but complain about it. I just read an article that said that in the 1990's only 20% of Russians had a bad view of the US. Today that number is 76%. (See Drudge report). Thank you for your service to our country.

I've read the Constitution many times. Thank you for your service to our country.
    Thank you for reading the Constitution. So many have not and so many more don't care.
    It was an honor and privilege to serve this country. You are so welcome.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

I just read an article that said that in the 1990's only 20% of Russians had a bad view of the US. Today that number is 76%.
    Welcome to the Putin era. He has been using state-owned media to stoke anti-American sentiment for quite a few years now, and it's working. Big surprise there.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...shest-critics/

Another solution

To the list of reasons you might not wear a bike helmet – they’re hot, they muss your hair, they’re massively dorky – Swedish company Hövding adds one more: they just don’t work that well. Luckily, they have a solution.

In 2006, Lund University industrial design students Anna Haupt and Terese Alstin decided to invent a better helmet as a class project. The first obstacle to overcome was aesthetic; people (notably the two students) simply don’t like to wear helmets. But their research also found that traditional plastic and foam brain buckets allow G-forces that lead to fatalities in an alarmingly high percentage of accidents. Their breakthrough design – a motion-triggered inflatable helmet – shields a much greater portion of the head and neck, and provides a softer landing.

Thank you for reading the Constitution. So many have not and so many more don't care.
    It was an honor and privilege to serve this country. You are so welcome.
    Cheers!
    +1 (and any other little icon's that express agreement)

My wife and I have read the constitution and like you, have spent lots of years all over the world .....

It's concerning to us the direction this country is going in.

And we both feel it was an honor and privilege to serve this country ......

And that the 2 cents worth of a couple of retired Navy Chiefs ......

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    And that the 2 cents worth of a couple of retired Navy Chiefs ......
    My spouse wore khaki for 24+ years. I wore khaki for 4 years at Canoe U - where we met, then went to USMC khaki & green.
    No truer words: "ALWAYS trust the Chief!"

Thank you both for your service and the PITA to serve through multiple duty stations and disjointed detailers.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

My spouse wore khaki for 24+ years. I wore khaki for 4 years at Canoe U - where we met, then went to USMC khaki & green.
    No truer words: "ALWAYS trust the Chief!"

Thank you both for your service and the PITA to serve through multiple duty stations and disjointed detailers.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks to you and yours also .....

Helmet

I always use helmet, first cos here in Europe is compulsory to wear it and second cos im craneo-maxillofacial surgeon and I've seen awful injuries after motorcycle crash...

I use a Schuberth C3 Pro
    Attachment 10455
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm going to have to look at a Schuberth.....because if it's good enough for a
    Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    ...craneo-maxillofacial surgeon...
    it's going to be good enough for me.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce