Ultimate Seat..... - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Seat.....

OK

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Not aimed at anyone in particular, but telling us what you've done/where you've been is fine, however, it gets quite nauseating hearing it over and over and over again.

"I think this,,,," is cool

I think this,,,, because I've ridden to Mars and back 849 times in 98 years",,, eh,, that's a whole different kind of 'message'.

Don't try to separate/elevate yourself above others, unintentionally or otherwise. That's not why we are here.
    I wouldn't know much about the folks on this forum except for them posting it (even more than once) and I learn something new all the time. You seem kind of sensitive or maybe insensitive, but thats cool. I find it kind of nauseating when I see the same folks posting no mind comments just because they can but I just read past it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I wouldn't know much about the folks on this forum except for them posting it (even more than once) and I learn something new all the time. You seem kind of sensitive or maybe insensitive, but thats cool. I find it kind of nauseating when I see the same folks posting no mind comments just because they can but I just read past it.
    No worries! Communication is a lost art,,, even tougher online!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Gentlemen, Gentlemen .....

We don't need to get into a "my pecker is bigger than your pecker" conversation, lets keep the drama outside before entering our home.

I ask that you Please respect each others' experiences and either absorb, enjoy, question or ignore the knowledge being shared.

No one is born with WISDOM it is learned from the experiences of others. I come to this website to learn from all of you so that I can make my own decisions based on what suits my riding style. I am a casual rider, kind of like a social drinker. I'm content if I am able to put 5,000 to 10,000 miles under my belt in a year. I have no need or plans to own a RDL seat, however it is evident to me that those that ride 1000 miles in a day have benefited from the comfort provided by the RDL seat.

I am currently satisfied with my CORBIN and ULTIMATE seats (on other bikes), each serves a different purpose and works for me. Can we now talk about oil and filters or better yet how do we turn off the saddle bag dome lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    Can we now talk about oil and filters or better yet how do we turn off the saddle bag dome lights.

My saddlebag dome lights stopped working after I was struck by lightning

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I thought this thread is about Ultimate Seats,. So, why don't we just keep this thread about Ultimate Seats and not any other seat? If one wants to mention another product, why not just start another thread?
    Let's refrain about writing about a completely different product than the thread was intended for no matter how strong we feel about it being superior. In this case there already are several threads about RDL products so I don't see the need to include it here. If you're not into Ultimate Seats guess what, maybe this thread was not intended for you.

Threads never stay 100% on topic, let alone a specific brand in a seat thread. Just one of the joys of Forums.

I am going to stop at Ultimate Seat store at Destination Daytona this week and inquire about F6B seat. If it's on display I will try it and take pictures and post them here upon my return.

Please do. Hadn't heard that anything from Ult was available yet, but it should be,,, eventually.

One of my closest friends has Ultimate Seat on his Rune and he swears by it, I tried it several times and liked it. I think Ultimate makes a high quality product. I also don't plan on doing 2000 miles in a day ever so RDL may be an overkill for me. But I'm still reading and trying to figure everything out so I appreciate all the comments so far.
    Lotsa folks swear by Ultimate. Same goes for Mustang. Both are "One or 2 sizes fit most", and they do!!!

I'm north of 300 lbs, and the foam density in the Ultimate's, for me, is inadequate,,, they go 'limp' and I end up riding the pan. Might be fine for other folks, just not for me.

Wife had an Ultimate low rider on her 'Liner. She's not 'petite', but no where near my size (Thank God!!) She said the 'Ultimate was great!', but towards the end of the day, only one of us was standing up at the stoplights due to 'numb butt'. Her.

Heck, if it works for ya, cool beans!

One thing that does have me wondering on the Ult F6B seat is the (yet to be announced) price,,, If the Ultimate Goldwing seat prices are any indication of what one might expect to shell out for an F6B seat (same pan, roughly the same ~general~ overall size),,, well, the playing field between an Ultimate and 'custom made' just got a lot closer, except 'custom made' might just end up being the less expensive of the 2.

YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Not aimed at anyone in particular, but telling us what you've done/where you've been is fine, however, it gets quite nauseating hearing it over and over and over again.

"I think this,,,," is cool

I think this,,,, because I've ridden to Mars and back 849 times in 98 years",,, eh,, that's a whole different kind of 'message'.

Don't try to separate/elevate yourself above others, unintentionally or otherwise. That's not why we are here.
    +1
    That's what I've been hinting at but they don't seem to get it!

Luke Please post pictures if you see the F6B Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I thought this thread is about Ultimate Seats, not who racks more miles in a saddle. So, let's stop it right now. It seems to me some people that read this thread used and like Ultimate Seat products and they became upset when other seat manufacturer is being mentiond here as being better/superior performing product than Ultimate for some, even with disclaimers. So, why don't we just keep this thread about Ultimate Seats and not any other seat? If one wants to mention another product, why not just start another thread?

I am going to stop at Ultimate Seat store at Destination Daytona this week and inquire about F6B seat. If it's on display I will try it and take pictures and post them here upon my return.

I still have a stock seat on mine and am still looking around for a new seat, but Air Hawk Cushion does a great job for me so far. The most riding I did on F6B so far in a day was over 700 miles in one day and was not sore at all so we'll see.

I do believe that high mileage riders have a great insight from wast experience about products they used, so I welcome the review/endorsement, but I'll make up my own mind anyway. Let's refrain about writing about a completely different product than the thread was intended for no matter how strong we feel about it being superior. In this case there already are several threads about RDL products so I don't see the need to include it here. If you're not into Ultimate Seats guess what, maybe this thread was not intended for you.

RDL may be in my future too but I never tried or or seen it, none of my friends have it, so I appreciate Miles reviews of it in other threads I read about it. It's not the best looking seat either but that's subjective. One of my closest friends has Ultimate Seat on his Rune and he swears by it, I tried it several times and liked it. I think Ultimate makes a high quality product. I also don't plan on doing 2000 miles in a day ever so RDL may be an overkill for me. But I'm still reading and trying to figure everything out so I appreciate all the comments so far.
    C H Luke,
    Please post pictures of the f6b Ultimate if you see it. I called ultimate about a week back and Des said about 2 weeks.
    I've checked their wedsite daily since. I loved my last bike's Ultimate seat!
    I'd like to get one before the snow flies up here in CT. It would really be nice if it didn't snow here this year but that is wishfull thinking. A five to eight hour ride is about all sweetie and I want in one day. We plan on going to Franklin next year, but at a leisurely pace. Probably at least one overnight stop.

Arrived at St. Augustine

Hi, my small group just arrived at our hotel for the night. Had a slight misshap, one of my riding friends accidentally put diesel fuel in his GW, bike stalled as he was pulling away and he dropped it. Didn't get hurt but lost several hours.

I want to thank Savannah Honda Dealer (there is only one), they promptly towed my friend's bike in, found out what was wrong (at a time he thought maybe his fuel pump gave out, he didn't realize he pumped the wrong fuel) and sent us back on the road ASAP. In the end they didn't even charge my friend for towing ($75)! Now, that's service!

So, everything is fine, made it in OK, nothing got hurt but his pride. The pump station (Chevron) had a diesel pump separate but next to regular, and they both fit in GW gas tank opening (I know for cars one cannot put diesel in the tank as nozzle is wider). So all be careful out there, it can be an easy mistake to make,especially in a hurry!

We plan to stay in Daytona Thursday and Friday, then head out to Orlando and see AIMExpo Saturday, maybe ride to Cedar Key and then back home Sunday!

Definitely planning on meeting everyone at Friday breakfast!

I will stop by Ultimate Seats either tomorrow or Friday, I hope they will show me something, but who knows? I'll post it here either way.

I am getting more curious about RDL saddles, I hope somebody will have one on their F6B at the breakfast. I just don't have much experience with them.

I have pictures of the new Mustang seat for the f6. It looks like a nice seat, as of yet i have no idea of price but expect a price any day. I can't post pictures because i'm old and have no idea how to do so. I have three pictures on e-mail if someone wants to message me there e-mail, i will send it to them to post here.

Richie

Cool

Richie...send them to me ...I will help you !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com