Just bought, waiting to ride.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought, waiting to ride.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Its not a question of the wind , it's the bugs. The wind I can take.
    The bugs or the wind are not the issue for me. It is the radio. You can't hear it at all over 60 with out a different shield. If you do most of your riding in the city at reduced speeds, then it is not a big deal.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not to belabor the point (it's almost totally irrelevant here), but, just for the record:

The US BMW website page on the 2015 K1600GT (http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html) indicates the "2015 MSRP starting at $21,650 (including ABS)," while the Honda site for the 2015 F6B indicates that the starting price (for the base model) is $20,499 and the so-called Deluxe version is $21,499 - so even in this category the Beemers cannot really be said to be significantly pricier than the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
    Not to belabor the point (it's almost totally irrelevant here), but, just for the record:

The US BMW website page on the 2015 K1600GT (http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html) indicates the "2015 MSRP starting at $21,650 (including ABS)," while the Honda site for the 2015 F6B indicates that the starting price (for the base model) is $20,499 and the so-called Deluxe version is $21,499 - so even in this category the Beemers cannot really be said to be significantly pricier than the F6B.
    True. And the person who posted the original price observation [edit...whoops-it was you!] also distinguished between a leftover and 2015. The BMW I was looking at was pricier- I also didn't want to get into the reliability quagmire in this discussion, but suffice to say my Honda dealer is 4 miles away and the BMW almost 70. That said, the BMW dealer has some sort of pick-up service for certain issues/models. Nevertheless, I was more comfortable with the new Honda at my price point than a BMW that, FOR WHAT I WANTED, would have been 5K more.And, not to beat a dead horse, but the thought of keeping my Triumph with the Honda made the F6B concept all the sweeter.

Welcome to the group. I too am waiting for the saltwash so we can start riding. I am a few hours north of you and from what I see around there are a few members from around the upstate area.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
    Welcome to the group. I too am waiting for the saltwash so we can start riding. I am a few hours north of you and from what I see around there are a few members from around the upstate area.
    Looking for "low-sodium" pavement down here in Philly too......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Hats off to our northern brothers. Personally I don't know how you do it. I did Chicago for about 17 years and finally got out. Havent been back and don't plan to ever go north of the mason Dixon line ever again. It's bad enough down here this year and I'm about batshit crazy having not ridden in three weeks, but looks like we should be good to go here in a few days. I don't think I could handle a new bike being held at the dealer while winter looms onward.

Here in South Central Pa, we should be getting a string of 50 degree days in the next week or two. That means that my riding season will officially start!
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    It's bad enough down here this year and I'm about batshit crazy having not ridden in three weeks
    I'd give my teeth to have only a 3 week "winter" season.
    Try no riding for 22 weeks every winter.

Just riding the enduro and quads down here in south eastrn Pa ... right on the NJ / Pa line . My girl lives over near the Tapinzee ... I thought they used alot of salt by me but its just crazy amounts there .
    The salt is my only limiting factor .

most people here won't ride till a few rains after the melt. Re: the horrors of winter- I agree except it may be the price for a spring that is a powerful affirmation of rebirth, a fall that5 will take your breath away with it's beauty, a summer that is warm but comfortably mild with only a few "scorchers" and the winter that reminds us that we humans are NOT at the top of events- there is a power greater than us calling the shots!!

Yes, there are days I'd trade, but by and large I'm here because I choose to be...well, except for NY gun laws and taxes...maybe I'll rethink all that flowery prose I just spewed!!