Nervous about my Hwy Pegs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nervous about my Hwy Pegs

I've ground the heat shields under the exhaust pipes on both sides. Also have ground the right front crash bar. Your set up would put me down. With in the first hour of ownership of my F6B I knocked my foot off the OEM foot peg. Ankle hurt like the dickens.

These are perfectly designed, and I love them. If you have your foot on the highway peg in a turn, it will touch before the main peg. But if your foot is not on it, the main peg touches first. Therefore, when you come into a turn with the bike leaning a lot, simply lift up on the highway peg and it will not scrape.

They look way too low to me. I have Ergo IIIs so they are different, but mine don't extend any lower than the crash bar. I also typically only use them on long straight highways and flip them up for corners. Are you sure you put them on right? Just asking

I have the Ergo IIIs so they raise up when you take your foot off them. However, I have had my feet on them a few times into corners that were sharper than what I thought, and the Ergo IIIs just rotate up when they come into contact with the road.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Got my Kuryakyn Hwy pegs on today. Makes the ride 100% better (TILL) I come on to a nice curve.. Wow I feel like if I lean into the curve they are going to dig in. They haven't an I don't want that to happen. Not into dragging pegs. I put a measuring tape on there height an it was shy of 11in. is that ok ?took a pic of peg best i could
    Attachment 16403
    You mounted the pegs below the engine guard, mine are above. I still flip them up in curves. Just not many in Florida.

highway peg.jpg
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    You mounted the pegs below the engine guard, mine are above.

Attachment 16409
    Thats what i was lookin for..seems like i do everything twice LOL Tks

I mounted my Rivco pegs on the vertical bar just for that reason. I put them up a little higher since this pic was taken.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Can i get a few of you guys to post pics of your pegs, so i can judge witch way to go
    Here are my ERGO lll and I do drag them, but not to bad.
    ergolll.jpg
    Kinetic_footpeg-ergolll.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    [SIZE=3]Here are my ERGO lll and I do drag them, but not to bad

BIGLRY,

Have you ever dragged the portion of the peg arm (that I indicated with the red arrow) while the peg was folded up?

Or would the regular driver's peg (in your case the KY-4321) touch down/drag first?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    BIGLRY,

Have you ever dragged the portion of the peg arm (that I indicated with the red arrow) while the peg was folded up?

Or would the regular driver's peg (in your case the KY-4321) touch down/drag first?
    Nope never had that part hit, but the KY-4321 will hit first on my scoot.

I do recommend anyone who is worried that any aftermarket part they put on is going to hit to use the plywood trick to see what hit first when leaning the scoot.
    Take a sheet of plywood lay in on the ground with the long side edge touching the front & rear tires. Now while someone holds the bike straight up off the side stand and not on the center stand lift the outer edge of the plywood keeping the inner edge against the tires and watch what hits the plywood first.
    This method does no take in to account of how much low the bike would be with you on it, but the same test can be done with you on the bike and your helper lifting the plywood while you support the bike with straight up and one foot on the peg the side the plywood is on.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/