What is your expected manufacturing date for...

Thread: What is your expected manufacturing date for...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Year and a half is no big deal. Think about the leftover new bikes that are sold. Think about some of the low mileage used bikes being sold on this forum. Bikes bought new in 2013-2014 and only 3-4,000 miles. Unless your one of them. Just another thought, if you happen to get a tire that is 6-9 months old, YOU my be that person that discovers an defective batch of tires, the bad way. I generally use 1+ front and 2 rears a season.

I'll catch it for this, but I have in my possession, a never used, still stickered, front tire that is over 6 years old, and I'll use it if I have to in the future. I've done it before with no issue. Lucky, maybe....dumb, wouldn't be the first time I heard that. I'm in the business, and I've seen old tires fail. I've also seen much older tires go on and on. Choice of the rider. I will say this, if I can afford a brand new set next year, I'm going that route. If not, well we know which direction I'm going with the front and I'll be looking for a good take-off rear.

Will....don't fret about the tires you bought. The tire industry says you have years before you need to worry.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Year and a half is no big deal. Think about the leftover new bikes that are sold. Think about some of the low mileage used bikes being sold on this forum. Bikes bought new in 2013-2014 and only 3-4,000 miles. Unless your one of them. Just another thought, if you happen to get a tire that is 6-9 months old, YOU my be that person that discovers an defective batch of tires, the bad way. I generally use 1+ front and 2 rears a season.
    Thanks. Appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'll catch it for this, but I have in my possession, a never used, still stickered, front tire that is over 6 years old, and I'll use it if I have to in the future. I've done it before with no issue. Lucky, maybe....dumb, wouldn't be the first time I heard that. I'm in the business, and I've seen old tires fail. I've also seen much older tires go on and on. Choice of the rider. I will say this, if I can afford a brand new set next year, I'm going that route. If not, well we know which direction I'm going with the front and I'll be looking for a good take-off rear.

Will....don't fret about the tires you bought. The tire industry says you have years before you need to worry.
    Thank you Wayne. Let me post what the vendor just sent me in email:

I am sorry you are unhappy with the tires. We get tires in every day from Bridgestone's distributors. We have no control of the tire dates as we get them directly from the distributors and the dates are approved from the manufactor. It is hard to get 2017 tires as these are made in japan and it could take between 7-11 months to have them received in the states, then shipped to us. We wouldn't sell products passed the manufactures recommended sell dates as we selling products for motorcycles. But we stand behind all our products, if you are not happy with them I am more than happy to send you a FEDEX return label and give you a complete refund for the tires. We would just ask to have them returned in the same shape that you received them in.

I replied that I'll keep the tires. I'd think that when you buy anything, you want it as new and fresh as possible... especially a product that separates you from the endless coarse grit road surface that runs beneath us while on the bike.

At any rate... thanks for all replying and reading this.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The AVONs I got were 4 & 5 months old when I got them from Dennis Kirk. = Ask the vendor to exchange them at their expense.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    The AVONs I got were 4 & 5 months old when I got them from Dennis Kirk. = Ask the vendor to exchange them at their expense.

Next time I will (a) vendor for the tire date (and that's what they also told me to do) before they actually ship them out to me.

Resigned to keep them. It's at this point.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537