When does your season end

Thread: When does your season end

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Typically July-August is a good time to stay inside here.
    Prime time now,,,

The plan is to ride all year. Daily commute to work.

Here in Northern Alabama you can ride year round though it can get cold. Good cold weather gear is necessary and heated gear is nice but not needed always. I do have Gerbing Hybrid Gloves which are nice on the F6B (and mandatory on the Hayabusa). January and February can be from low 20's to 50's...need to watch out for black ice.
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

NorCal Riding is all year round

I personally prefer the cooler days of Spring and Fall for riding my KTM RC8R Akra as the gumballs stick better and I don't need to wear anything under my armored suit but the rest of the year the F6B is perfect most days although I do swap out the stock windscreen for the small Cee Bailey opaque number in the summer. I am happiest in the coastal roads between Pt Reyes and Napa but Sonoma County farm country has recently gotten some super smooth new 2 lane blacktop that is like heaven on the big 6. This bike makes almost any ride memorable. I am lovin' it as Micky Dee says. Only thing that could be more fun is riding naked.

never

Cool It's Over...

Finished about two weeks when we had our first snow, that's for us mortal riders, but there are plenty of others who will ride until it's too dangerous
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"