Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
3Chief...ever thought of not carrying ? Just a thought. Yes, I know everyone has the right to do so. But why? A few of you are going to start with the "what ifs " which is fine. But who on this site, while not preforming as part of your job had to shoot, defend someone else or has been in a position that someone needed killing? What if you do kill someone. Even if found not guilty by a court of law your life will ben over as you know it. What if you were only going to get an ass wuppin? What if it was all a mistake and you are found negligent ? What if ____________________? What if you could rewind the day and start over, not show your ass, walk away from a confrontation or just laugh it off and go play bingo? What if.

P.S. Before you start, I have a permit to carry in all 52 states. I do carry on occasion, when the area I will be in dictates it, but not all the time. It is not necessary.

Go ahead I have my flame suit on!
I wouldn't flame you for that question. I enjoy intelligent debate and it's a good question. I have no desire to carry everyday and my chosen profession prevents it. When I am traveling however, especially as I do more bike trips, alone I would rather be self sufficient than at the mercy of whatever situation I find myself in. Do I have a burning desire to shoot someone, no. Am I going to take an ass wuppin? How do I know it only going to be a ass wuppin? As much as I would like to believe that the USA is a safe place to roam about peacefully current events prove otherwise. A firearm is no guarantee of safety, however I'd like to safely and legally have the ability/option to defend myself if the situation warrants it where ever I may roam. Would it change me, yes, however hopefully I'd still be alive to deal with those consequences vs dead because I was unable/unwilling to defend myself and there wasn't a police officer handy.