Corbin vs Daylong - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbin vs Daylong

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Ask Russell about their "sport seat" option. It is lower, with out the springs but designed the same way. I have had several Russell Seats and the one sport seat I had on a Suzuki B-King was fantastic. definitely "Day Long"! No offense to Corbin Seat lovers but they are hard as rock like a horse saddle. If Russel would have made horse saddles at the turn of the century cowboys would have bought them (no saddle sores).
    Hmm, wonder why they didn't tell me about that. She actually said that they can't help me if I can't ride two inches higher

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I didn't go with Day Long either because of the height. Went to Rick Mayer ( rickmayercycle.com ) who is also in northern CA and does custom, made to order seats on your original pan. It's not as tall as the Day Long. I've heard that at Iron Butt gatherings, if riders aren't on a Day Long, they are most likely on a Rick Mayer. Very happy with mine. I can spend all day in the saddle and never think about it at all. No discomfort of any kind. Not thinking about a seat while riding on it all day is about the highest accolade you could give a seat.
    I will check them out, thanks

Unfortunately it is costing you to find out. No easy solution here but to research thoroughly and take that leap. Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Hmm, wonder why they didn't tell me about that. She actually said that they can't help me if I can't ride two inches higher
    http://www.day-long.com/day-long-vs-sport-seat/

Sport Seat
    The Day-Long Sport Seat is designed for the more aggressive, vertically challenged, and style concerned rider. The Sport Seat allows you to move side to side by minimizing the defined pocket of the seat so you can feel a pocket while cruising, but drag your knee while cornering. It keeps the rider very close to the same height as the stock seat after the break-in period. The Sport Saddle has minimized wings that are not as defined as the suspension Day-Long.

The comfort of the Sport Saddle can range due to rider’s needs. Generally the more buttock that is supported the less pounds per square inch of pressure there is. Therefore we take into consideration information provided on the order form, along with required pictures to make the most comfortable and efficient seat for your build, riding tendencies, and style. We can keep you at a stock height while achieving a good comfort range. The initial build may raise you approximately 1/2 in. After a proper break-in (usually 500 + miles) the saddle should settle you in at stock height.

The warranty on the Sport Saddle is: After you put 1000 miles on the seat for break-in purposes, and find discomfort. You are allowed two adjustments. You must pay shipping to our facilities, RCP will pay for return shipping cost. There is no Buy-Back Warranty on the Sport Saddle. Please refer to “Adjustments” in our warranty section for further information. Your builder may require some pictures before return shipping.

The Day-Long Sport Saddle just may be just what you’re looking for to put you in a streamlined, stylish, comfort zone!

Corbin seats suck, HUGH !!!!! I have purchased three, all over $1K...and they all suck !!!!!

Try Ultimate, if you don't like it mail it back!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Corbin seats suck, HUGH !!!!! I have purchased three, all over $1K...and they all suck !!!!!

Try Ultimate, if you don't like it mail it back!
    Tell us how you REALLY feel Steve.

It took THREE???

I like mine, I didn't pay the new price though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

shooter
    I have a Corbin on my M109R and its great. I've had multiple 400 mile days with no problem. I couldn't do 200 on the stocker. I've sat on Davids Corbin. Its hard. It moved me forward probably an inch or more and down probably an inch. That's why I didn't buy one. David I think the Mustang seat drops you down an inch. That may be a consideration.

The M109R Corbin seat

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have a Corbin on my M109R and its great. I've had multiple 400 mile days with no problem. I couldn't do 200 on the stocker. I've sat on Davids Corbin. Its hard. It moved me forward probably an inch or more and down probably an inch. That's why I didn't buy one. David I think the Mustang seat drops you down an inch. That may be a consideration.
    I liked my Corbin on the Suzuki also and it did take some time to break it in. I almost went with them on the F6B but Big Larry talked me into buying a Russell Day Long and I was so impressed with the seat right from the start. There was no break-in as it was comfortable right from day one. I sent them everything they ask for in height, leg length, picture of myself on the bike and sent them the stock seat and was just amazed that they could produce the nicest seat I ever owned from 2000 miles away with just the measurements and pictures. Very impressed with the results. The expense I didn't like was the freight charge from Michigan to California, which was $130 bucks but they rebuilt the seat and shipped it back to my door for $654 dollars total. I don't have a rear passenger002.jpg so I just had them concentrate on the driver seat and just did it in their very best vinyl. Which I also was impressed with, the seat is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I liked my Corbin on the Suzuki also and it did take some time to break it in. I almost went with them on the F6B but Big Larry talked me into buying a Russell Day Long and I was so impressed with the seat right from the start. There was no break-in as it was comfortable right from day one. I sent them everything they ask for in height, leg length, picture of myself on the bike and sent them the stock seat and was just amazed that they could produce the nicest seat I ever owned from 2000 miles away with just the measurements and pictures. Very impressed with the results. The expense I didn't like was the freight charge from Michigan to California, which was $130 bucks but they rebuilt the seat and shipped it back to my door for $654 dollars total. I don't have a rear passengerAttachment 18590 so I just had them concentrate on the driver seat and just did it in their very best vinyl. Which I also was impressed with, the seat is gorgeous.
    Is the stitching waterproof?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Tell us how you REALLY feel Steve.

It took THREE???

I like mine, I didn't pay the new price though.

Oh I knew after the first one, my wife on the other hand was not convinced until after the third !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com