Just ordered the Sena SMH10-D10 dual pack bluetooth headphones - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered the Sena SMH10-D10 dual pack bluetooth headphones

My GF wants to get these but I keep thinking I'll have a back seat driver telling me to slow down and talking about things that I get on the bike to forget about..lol
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have had the older Sena SMH-10 for several years and love it. I did have my first unit fail and I had to buy a replacement base unit for $100.00. (That could have been my fault) I use them everyday rain or shine.

I love the system. I have headphones on all three helmets and use the base unit for all three. The normal full face, the headphones for half helmets with pockets, and the unit that I plug in my ear buds. (all of them are great)

Has anyone had both the Sena SMH-10 and the Sena SMH-20? What are the advantages to the Sena SMH-20?

With the price going down I was thinking about buying a spare SMH-10.

I am also considering buying a Schubert Helmet with their proprietary system. Does anyone have that and can compare to the Sena.
    Steve

Here's a Revzilla video describing the 20's
    https://youtu.be/tpZxkFZzonc

Must have missed a hell of a sale. They are over $300 now

Yeah, the 10's haven't been lower than 300.00 for some time....

I wasn't a fan of Bluetooth over the Honda OEM, but the 20's have my interest. The 20's seem to incorporate BT in the design to where BT ought to be. They seem like a huge leap from the 10's if the press is true.

My concern is the sound quality of the sena's. Dont want to spend that kind of jack and have crappy sound. I am mostly solo, dont use the phone while on the bike, and do like my tunes so I was leaning to a J&M helmet speaker and using the wire to hook to the bikes system but....that seems old tech and limits expansion.

Sena 20

I have had the Sena 20 for about 4 months now. I like it quite a bit. I have not tried the intercom portion yet as I am typically riding solo. But I can get phone calls, listen to music and that works for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    My concern is the sound quality of the sena's. Dont want to spend that kind of jack and have crappy sound. I am mostly solo, dont use the phone while on the bike, and do like my tunes so I was leaning to a J&M helmet speaker and using the wire to hook to the bikes system but....that seems old tech and limits expansion.
    Which is what I use now and quite like it. Audio is excellent. What I contend with is the cord getting on and off the bike. Slightly inconvenient gassing up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I have had the Sena 20 for about 4 months now. I like it quite a bit. I have not tried the intercom portion yet as I am typically riding solo. But I can get phone calls, listen to music and that works for me.
    According to the press the 20's have BT 4.0, expanded group talk capabilities, connectivity to headsets other than Sena's, extended BT range, longer talk time, and an ambient noise mic to pick up face to face conversations with your helmet on. Plus a few other features.

Wow, I did catch them at the right time! Glad I just happened to look the other day.....They come with some other cords that I don't need. We will be completely bluetooth.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN