BABY F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BABY F6B

BABY F6B

Photos of a new Honda CTX1300 are already being tagged as the 'Baby F6B'.
    A new model for 2014 based on the ST1300.
    Attachment 2727
    This would confirm that Honda are using one engine and creating several models around it. The ST1300 has added this bagger? version, in the same way that the GL1800 Goldwing platform got the F6B. My money is on a naked Goldwing to follow............new Valkyrie anyone!

I can't understand this bike. It really seems targeted at nobody. The fairing is too small to appeal to the Sport-Touring crowd, too Ugly for the Cruiser crowd, too existent at all for the Naked crowd. I like that Honda is willing to go for it, because lets face it if they weren't we wouldn't have the F6B either, but this one feels like a miss to me.

WHAT?

Now to me that is the UGLIEST bike I have seen in a very long time and I agree, who the heck are they trying to target with this bike?

I agree, there are too many design features I would want to change. The big question is, does it have ABS? or, for the American market.............cruise control?

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    I can't understand this bike, but this one feels like a miss to me.
    Mike, I think it may be a hit. The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture above was...aha...a new bike for my wife. She currently has three bikes, and this would replace her 2002 Honda Magna 750 V-4. Because she is short, all her bikes have to be slightly modified to allow her to ride them, and this bike "looks" like it might be lower than most. The ST-1300 V-4 engine is as close to bullet-proof as anyone can make them.

Several of us have been after Honda for a lot of years to produce a modern version of the SilverWing...not in scooter form, but based on the ST-1100 engine, and now based on the ST-1300 engine. (we have been asking for a long time, that is why I say, based on the ST-1100 engine).
    There are a lot of riders that want a GL-1800 bike, but cannot fit onto that platform, either because of the weight of the bike, or the height of the saddle, or the bulk of the bike, or...a combination of all three.

This new bike may be the answer to that. I hope that it succeeds, and that Honda sells a boat-load (cargo ship) of them. I know that once it hits the sales floor at South Bound Honda...my wife and I will be there to have her sit on it, and see if I can make changes to fit her.

BTW, how is that new windshield working for you ? Have you been able to ride it anymore than just the trip back home from my place?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Certainly not for me, but maybe others,,

The best thing is, we can now say the OEM F6B shield is HUGE (compared to one on the CTX1300!)

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I see some resemblance to the DN-01 except it's twice the motor.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Rut roe,,,

See that large gap between the forward cylinder and the fairing?

Wingers have been wanting an 'all new wing',,, '2000 cc',,, for quite a while,,,,

How about 1950 cc instead?

Thumbs up Pointless

Don't really see the point of this to be honest, someone at Honda has too much time on their hands. I mean, look at the windshield, pointless.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Don't really see the point of this to be honest, someone at Honda has too much time on their hands. I mean, look at the windshield, pointless.
    Thats so they can sell you a new taller one. Just like the F6B.