Klock Werks Shield 2"s Taller - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks Shield 2"s Taller

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Same bolts, rubber washers I had laying around. Drilled the holes 1/2".Through the shield on each side, Pinched in the middle with fender washer and used the in between bolts as well with fender washers to pinch the shield . I'd trust it at 145 mph! I Forgot the computer won't let it go 145.....I'll get some photo's up soon as I can.............Dickie
    Thats great, I would love to see it. I have to take it back to the dealer to do as I don't have the tools to do this, but any idea on where to go would be great. Might have to swing by Home Depot for some rubber washers before I go.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    With what little Engineering experience I have,,, eh,, There is no doubt in my mind K-works would not approve of this modification,,, Their reply would be "H" "E" double hockey sticks NO!!!

There is zero doubt in my mind this mod reduces the structural integrity of the shield, reduces the capacity of the shield to transfer load to the mounts, and exposes that shield to additional forces never encountered by the 'as designed' shield.

Y'all are free to do as you please, but,,, please be careful.

.Drag raced professionally For Yamaha and HD when I was a youngster. I think I've got a handle on it.........................Dickie
    LOL! Yes, it takes a special kinda person to do that. A risk taker, not necessarily one who believes in caution or 'life-preservation'! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    With what little Engineering experience I have,,, eh,, There is no doubt in my mind K-works would not approve of this modification,,, Their reply would be "H" "E" double hockey sticks NO!!!

There is zero doubt in my mind this mod reduces the structural integrity of the shield, reduces the capacity of the shield to transfer load to the mounts, and exposes that shield to additional forces never encountered by the 'as designed' shield.

Y'all are free to do as you please, but,,, please be careful.
    You know what they say about opinions don't you!? There like ass holes everyone has one! lol I assure you its quite strong and secure. In fact more secure than it was before. Perhaps before you speak you should find out my background,education etc.lol I would never recommend something that was unsafe. I merely stated what I did and did not suggest anyone else do it.........I'll get photos up soon as I can.............Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    LOL! Yes, it takes a special kinda person to do that. A risk taker, not necessarily one who believes in caution or 'life-preservation'! LOL!
    I can't wait to meet you Scotrod..lol... You going to Franklin in August?. .I'll buy you a beverage...........Dickie

I would never recommend something that was unsafe. I merely stated what I did and did not suggest anyone else do it.........

Yeah, but the limited legal experience I have indicates 'Did not inform others of any potential peril, did not specifically inform others to do this at their own risk, knew that others were planning on performing this mod, and furthermore endorsed the mod to speeds of up to 145 mph"

Between the Attorney's, Engineers, and Architects I work with as part of employment with a large Corporation, eh, no wonder little thoughts like that pop up in my head!!! LOL!!!,

Participation in too many depositions / lawsuits has warped my noggin!!!

LOL!!!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    We all try things that are not recommended by manufacturers. Some work, some don't …. as a tinkerer I have tried many things, created a few prototypes and developed a few products that have been and continue to be sold to fellow motorcyclists.

I have been working on something for the F6B for about 11 months, working on the 3rd prototype and that will be another 3-4 months before a test unit is ready. I can understand the concern from a legal and safety side, hence taking my time to reduce and minimize any potential issues.

Let's keep the humor and ribbing on a positive side and then if you guys want to see who has the biggest PiPi in Franklin, I will bring a yard stick for the ladies to judge (they'll love that, I'll have the medics nearby in case one of the ladies goes into shock from laughter). We'll even take a picture and post it on the forum. I want to see as many UGLY, pretty, short, Tall, skinny, Fat, yellow, purple F6B Riders there, don't forget to bring the better halves and I ask that everyone enjoy the fun camaraderie, just don't bring another GPS to the party

Let's ride

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I can't wait to meet you Scotrod..lol... You going to Franklin in August?. .I'll buy you a beverage...........Dickie

I have no doubt we are all 'characters' in one form or another! It's quite fun when those characters can 'interact' without any feelings getting hurt or cross words spoken!

Franklin is 'undecided',,, Its about 14 hrs drive/ride, and Wife certainly can't do that on 2 wheels in August w/o heat stroke and/or spreading it out over 4 days,,, (one way) Heck, not even sure I could w/o being 'more grumpy than usual' upon arrival!

We might trailer up,, but still undecided if we want to commit our (1) 'real' vacation a year to 4 days of driving to/from a destination.

One of these days we'll have untold amounts of time to spare,,, but that day isn't here yet,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    We all try things that are not recommended by manufacturers. Some work, some don't …. as a tinkerer I have tried many things, created a few prototypes and developed a few products that have been and continue to be sold to fellow motorcyclists.

I have been working on something for the F6B for about 11 months, working on the 3rd prototype and that will be another 3-4 months before a test unit is ready. I can understand the concern from a legal and safety side, hence taking my time to reduce and minimize any potential issues.

Let's keep the humor and ribbing on a positive side and then if you guys want to see who has the biggest PiPi in Franklin, I will bring a yard stick for the ladies to judge (they'll love that). We'll even take a picture and post it on the forum. I want to see as many UGLY, pretty, short, Tall, skinny, Fat, yellow, purple F6B Riders there, don't forget to bring the better halves and I ask that everyone enjoy the fun camaraderie, just don't bring another GPS to the party

Let's ride
    Yes Dear..........biggest pipi ..Really?..you mean pee pee...Dickie

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Yea Dear.................Dickie

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.