12 murders because of a PENCIL, simply senseless - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 12 murders because of a PENCIL, simply senseless

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    You are missing the point, his post was deleted because it was a FALSE representation of another quote/member, it triggered incorrect assumptions which in turn caused another member to smear undeservingly the non-offending member.
    Thanks
    maybe I am.

A blanket statement about X group is ok. The same blanket statement against y group is offensive.

How many individuals of either group do we personally know?

Let us say that I am Muslim in a country in the Middle East. I am actually a fat old bald guy in NC! but if I were how should I react to all of this?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    maybe I am.

A blanket statement about X group is ok. The same blanket statement against y group is offensive.

How many individuals of either group do we personally know?

Let us say that I am Muslim in a country in the Middle East. I am actually a fat old bald guy in NC! but if I were how should I react to all of this?

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT !!!!! I don't care of what group you want to speak of !

If you want to talk about a specific group then OWN your own post, don't make it look like someone else made the statement.

his post was deleted because it was a FALSE representation of another quote/member .....

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Phantom don't waste your breath because apparently the people who are commenting didn't read or didn't understand what they were reading. Scotrod didn't replace the word Muslim with Jew because my focus wasn't on the Muslims, it was on the terrorists, who were hiding inside the Muslim enclaves. And if you (from the original post)"Put a permanent military presence inside these communities and the good citizens of these areas will feel safe because they can't be threatened or intimidated by the radicals..." because then you would have (from the original post) "route out current and potential terrorists". That was the focus, not the law abiding Muslim citizens inside these communities, and once you restore order they (from the original post) "can't be threatened or intimidated by the radicals since they are just as much hostage of these same radicals as the rest. Once you restore order these citizens will trust you that you are not the enemy, which they are brainwashed to believe." Scotrod then went ahead and replaced terrorists with the word Jew. Like I said previously, if you don't understand what you're reading I will explain it.

The problem is there is no military solution that will work, as you are dealing with an idea, not a location or a people. Education is the key, especially of women, since the majority of religions are misogynistic in nature.

We're not dealing with ideas, we're dealing with ideas that become actions in a specific location, like what happened in France. Israel doesn't deal with their terrorists by educating the terrorist's women, they do it by using their military to infiltrate, apprehend and incarcerate current and future terrorists. Billions of people find solace in religion, whatever that religion may be, and lead a quiet, peaceful life bothering noone so I would refrain from blaming religion or its' faithful with a broad brush. I find that people who have a problem with faith are the people who have a hard time adhering to rules. It's hard for an adulterer, thief, molester etc. to bring themselves to God because it would take them to admit their wrongdoing. That is why they have psychiatrists and therapists to explain away their problems and hold responsible everything and everyone else for their problem.

BTW looking through my old stuff I found this patch

Actually, I did get the point. The problem is that I really love these types of debates. The best were the Harley vs Honda on the VTX boards. There was one about the Westboro Church that went on for weeks. I like to know not just what you think, but why you think that way, and I will lob a slow pitch in there to see what happens. It’s all good. One of the issues is that we cannot understand or accept when a different culture has different values. Especially in this case when they go about voicing their displeasure is such a bad and wrong way. See my first post (#18)—I have no ties with organized religion. I am a Christian, but do not want to be connected to any of them, as they have misled humanity and shaped worship to line their pockets and hurt others.

BUT CONSIDER THIS…………………………

I have done a pretty good job to establish the importance of free speech and how horrible it is when somebody’s words get substituted or mis-quoted. The founding fathers placed this right above all others. The militants are upset and ready to die because they feel/think their religious leader has been made fun of, belittled, and humiliated by Charlie. So what we are saying is that my right of free speech supersedes your right to hold something sacred and important. Isn’t that backwards? Poking fun of something that a group sees as very important and holy seems like a giant display of disrespect. I can see where they do not value your right to laugh and be entertained at the expense of their god. Is that so wrong? We all agree that their response is wrong. It is a different set of values and standards at the root. Assuming you have a God to worship, does it make you angry when comedians and magazines poke fun? If it is important to you then it should. You should not react the way they do, but you should feel something. Or do you think God likes to be mocked and laughed at?

Food for thought.

And yes, 12 murders because of a pencil is senseless. We all agree on that.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    We're not dealing with ideas, we're dealing with ideas that become actions in a specific location, like what happened in France. Israel doesn't deal with their terrorists by educating the terrorist's women, they do it by using their military to infiltrate, apprehend and incarcerate current and future terrorists. Billions of people find solace in religion, whatever that religion may be, and lead a quiet, peaceful life bothering noone so I would refrain from blaming religion or its' faithful with a broad brush. I find that people who have a problem with faith are the people who have a hard time adhering to rules. It's hard for an adulterer, thief, molester etc. to bring themselves to God because it would take them to admit their wrongdoing. That is why they have psychiatrists and therapists to explain away their problems and hold responsible everything and everyone else for their problem.

BTW looking through my old stuff I found this patch
    I'm sure your right. After all it's not like anyone who has found god has committed a crime or molested a child or required therapy. In this instance though religion is the key factor, by the way don't confuse that with belief in a god, they are not necessarily exclusive.

That wasn't the point, to accuse religion of being the culprit is like holding the gun responsible for the crime. People who do these acts use religion as a cover for their acts of terror, the microscopic few. Noone is saying that within these organized religions, whatever that is, there aren't sinners but there is a prescription, if one chooses, to correct the evil that one does, should they choose to. Religion is just a collection of beliefs so if that is in a cathedral, temple, mosque or by yourself around a tree worshiping the environmental god that is your religion or beliefs. Like the people who believe if you had educated a particular sex the massacres in France wouldn't have happened, that's the religion of Liberalism, or political correctness - take your pick, that's what got them into the mess in the first place. Or you can call it a fairy tale. I just prefer to be a part of an organized religion as opposed to an unorganized religion, I like things tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That wasn't the point, to accuse religion of being the culprit is like holding the gun responsible for the crime. People who do these acts use religion as a cover for their acts of terror, the microscopic few. Noone is saying that within these organized religions, whatever that is, there aren't sinners but there is a prescription, if one chooses, to correct the evil that one does, should they choose to. Religion is just a collection of beliefs so if that is in a cathedral, temple, mosque or by yourself around a tree worshiping the environmental god that is your religion or beliefs. Like the people who believe if you had educated a particular sex the massacres in France wouldn't have happened, that's the religion of Liberalism, or political correctness - take your pick, that's what got them into the mess in the first place. Or you can call it a fairy tale. I just prefer to be a part of an organized religion as opposed to an unorganized religion, I like things tidy.
    Unfortunately everything they have done is linked and allowed within that religion, without it the acts would not have occurred. I was actually pointing out the absurdity of the bomb them calls as this is not linked to one place but instead is linked to an idea. Where would the bombs be dropped, which country? Your going to have to find another solution for your jihad. It's a shame that those who claim to worship the same god can't get on, after all they all claim to be religions of peace.

There is no religion of liberalism and I do not see how you can blame this on that even if there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    ...I like to know not just what you think, but why you think that way...
    Bingo. Been saying that for years.

OBTW: This goes for the terrorists too....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce