Clearview Windshield height question - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clearview Windshield height question

Buy Large

MARK, without a doubt, buy the large. At 6'1", no worries. You'll look over. I'm 5'7 1/2" and I actually do look over with good posture. I road longer yesterday and actually felt like I handled the bike better and more comfortablly while correcting for posture. At a slouch I can still sort of look over, or through, but to me it's at that uncomfortable middle line or eye level. I was thinking medium might be better, but now I'm thinking I actually might prefer the large even at my vertically challenged height.

Quote Originally Posted by buda315 View Post
    MARK, without a doubt, buy the large. At 6'1", no worries. You'll look over. I'm 5'7 1/2" and I actually do look over with good posture. I road longer yesterday and actually felt like I handled the bike better and more comfortablly while correcting for posture. At a slouch I can still sort of look over, or through, but to me it's at that uncomfortable middle line or eye level. I was thinking medium might be better, but now I'm thinking I actually might prefer the large even at my vertically challenged height.
    +1 large is good for me. If you can look over the screen and see the road 50 ft. In front of you your good to go. By the way I see 30 ft.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thank you gentlemen, I have decided to purchase the large. Thanks again for your time!

Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

Do you buy the Clearview direct or from a retailer? I'm ready to do something asap. I'm 5'11" with a 29" inseam, so I sit a little tall. I am also considering the Honda accessory tall.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Directly from Clearview.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Do you buy the Clearview direct or from a retailer? I'm ready to do something asap. I'm 5'11" with a 29" inseam, so I sit a little tall. I am also considering the Honda accessory tall.
    Directly from Clearview. I believe the discount code for forum members is Honda. I waited just over 4 weeks, so be prepared to wait for delivery. Small company that is very busy, but makes quality products.

Recent delivery time is about two weeks!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

Went for another ride today... and did my first oil change at 730 miles. Really loving this bike!!! And this is my 31st motorcycle!!! Regarding windshield, my current vote is large for Everyone, unless you want the lower profile looks. I'm new to windshields, adjusting but finding the tall height perfectly fine. Good balance of wind protection, good looks and functionality. I'm finding riding the 6 with a "real" screen much more enjoyable.

I'm thinking one of these with a vent is the way for me and my wife. The wind turbulence is my number one issue. Either a med or large with the curve and light tint I think.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Touring with vent

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    I'm thinking one of these with a vent is the way for me and my wife. The wind turbulence is my number one issue. Either a med or large with the curve and light tint I think.
    I would recommend the touring version (which is wider) if you are particularly concerned about wind and turbulence.

The vent is also a requirement to balance airflow, however, I opted not to.

I have touring, large with Vent. Can't Touch this!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016