Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Did you convert from a Wing to an F6B?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 24.51%
  • No

194 75.49%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

Have to say no since I had a Harley bagger last. Started on Honda then went to Kawi's then back to Honda then Harley & back to Honda again. This F6B is by far my favorite. Really anticipating better weather. Don't want a different Wing.

I had '08 & '12 Wings before the F6B. The Wings followed 10 Harley's, a BMW, Kawasaki 250 dirt bike, 450 and 350 Honda's, and a '60 model 250 Zundap. After 50 years of riding, the F6B is the most fun to ride of all of them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sold 2007 GW for F6B. I was never really a GW guy, I'm 45, I simply bought an '07 GW almost by default. Before I had 2002 BMW K1200LT, loved that bike but it was time to move on. I usually have two bikes at a time as I also enjoy cruisers for shorter distances.

As a rule I don't buy the same bike twice, I want to experience different rides. I didn't care much for new BMW K1600 GTL so I bought a proven and reliable GW as my touring mount.

After test riding an F6B when I thought about it I realized that's it. I love the looks, I feel it finally handled similar to my BMW (better than GW), and I finally accepted the fact that my wife won't ride much with me anymore. As a single rider I don't need the trunk for extra storage or backrest for a passenger. I almost never used reverse on GW in the past (or BMW) as I am big enough to push the bike around just fine. I also almost always ride on two lane roads so didn't have much need for cruise either. I did add Throttlemeister on F6B and I do like it a lot.

In fact, all the stuff taken off GW I can either live without or add something better (my GW had a GPS that wasn't very friendly to use, I added Garmin on F6B which is so much easier to use).

I do have another bike in the stable, too. But F6B I like the most of all the bikes I owned and I had a few.

Here are pics of my previous 2007 GW and my current 2013 F6B. By the way I replaced all the badges that said ether Honda or Goldwing with F6B badges.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had an 06 wing - wife fell asleep one too many times and I sold it before something bad happened. Have had a few different bikes since then. The F6B seems to be a good mix of several riding purposes. Can't predict how long I'll own it - longest bike relationship was 4 years with my 08 Street Glide. Only lasted that long due to my wifes insistence.

She seems to dig the new Honda so she may insist this one stay for awhile.

ArkF6brider

Had 3 wings 1999 2006 2007. Loved them all. Got my f6 1 week ago today, and still can't ride because of bad weather. If it don't warm up soon I'm gonna have to try out those heated grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    No. The F6B is my first 'Wing...

I had absolutely no interest whatsoever in a full dress Goldwing before.

Still not interested in a full dress Goldwing due to seating position and no need for a trunk. (No need for a lot of the 'electro-gizmo's on a 'Wing either) Very happy with my 6!
    This was me too, had no interest in the full Wing either. Still don't, the F6B is just about perfect for me, even better than I had hoped.

This is my first wing. The ST1300 I sold to buy the f6b was the closest thing to a wing I had owned till now.

Sold my 2007 Level III wing and bought the F6B
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had a'96 and 2010 GL1800 before the F6B in Malaysia.

Previous Goldwings

77 GL1000
    84 Interstate (1200)
    86 Aspencade SEi (1200)
    94 (1500)