2015 F6B - Page 12
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    TRUST ME...they are listening !!!!!
    I want a supercharged 24 valve 150 + hp , along with cruise and 40-50 mpg would be nice .

Honda??????? Honda????? Hondaaaaa???????

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I want a supercharged 24 valve 150 + hp , along with cruise and 40-50 mpg would be nice .

+1

I think we all have different types of love affairs with our bikes.
    I got my black standard in about June,have put 9200 miles on it to date. When I bought it it has 2k. Got a great deal,the owner traded it for a Harly but he put the 'paddle;type grip on the right hand which is my 'cruise. I just get her going, keep my hand in the same place ,accelerate when I want to ease up as I need. I am cool with that.I do understand need to relax or stretch your hand, But gas stops will do for a while. It has pipes that I still cant identify but have a really a nice growl to them. The forward footrest I like to look at but rarely use,a backrest I thought I would not like but does a good job of keeping me in the saddle on my 'sudden bursts of enthusiasm' :-)
    Coming off a 93 Hurricane it took some getting used to but like my Hurricane,this one is a keeper no matter what Honda does next. I really love this bike.
    I do like the black pipes,but figure when the lotto hits,I'll have mine maybe 'black chromed' if that is possible(?)
    When I get a bike,and keep it,I fall in love and don't think the pretty new secretary is going to separate us for a looonng time. And a Gold Wing? It will last.
    ..and yes, I still have -and ride -my Hurricane....
    I guess all I'm saying is for me,not going to trade not an issue. oh- did I mention I like my F6B as is ?

TRUST ME...they are listening !!!!!
    bull crap...if they were listening then there would be a retrofit kit too
    lets face it
    the only reason honda fixed this is because the 2014 are still sitting in the ware house unsold...they are a for profit company
    its there fault period if this bike flops

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    bull crap...if they were listening then there would be a retrofit kit too
    lets face it
    the only reason honda fixed this is because the 2014 are still sitting in the ware house unsold...they are a for profit company
    its there fault period if this bike flops

I believe I posted " They are listening"........ I never posted they would DO anything about what they heard........
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I believe I posted " They are listening"........ I never posted they would DO anything about what they heard........
    point made....still a little upset though...
    i really love this bike but it could have been so much more...
    maybe 2015 will fix it,but honda has a habit of dropping bad selling lines...
    even if they are the ones that screwed the pooch

Joe, if you're THAT upset, the OEM cruise can be retrofitted it just may not be easy.

The easier and cheaper solution will probably be a Rostra kit wired into the OEM cruise buttons. Now where's that dang easy button??

SuperSix

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post

Interesting thought . Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would ?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would ?
    To get that kind of power out of a naturally aspirated 1.8L flat six, Honda would need 4 valve heads, increased compression, and either variable cam timing or hotter cams. Unfortunately, there are trade-offs for that performance gain. You would lose the current ultra flat torque curve, likely need 91 RON fuel, and need at least a close ratio 6 speed trans to deal with the narrower and higher rpm torque curve. I am more than happy with my FB6's flat torque curve and locomotive like pulling power from 1k to 5k rpm. If I wanted a dragster I would get a Yamaha V-Max.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Joe, if you're THAT upset, the OEM cruise can be retrofitted it just may not be easy.

The easier and cheaper solution will probably be a Rostra kit wired into the OEM cruise buttons. Now where's that dang easy button??
    i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
    i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
    but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
    and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
    but it still just irks me