F6B not knee friendly....help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B not knee friendly....help

F6B not knee friendly....help

I've had my new F6B for three weeks. Nearly 1200 miles and I can honestly say this is the most uncomfortable bike i've ever owned when it comes to my sitting position???? Kills my knees. Am I the only person with this issue? Was the bike made for a five foot tall person. I'm 6 foot tall and and my knees hurt so much it's not even funny. My leggs need to go out forward some what....not bent back under me. Wouldn't this hurt most everyone? I ordered some higway pegs but can't ride around all the time with your feet up front away from your brake and shifter. Anyone else dealt with this? I love everything about this bike, BUT the rider position. I didn't feel good when I first sit on it, but figured it was something that I wasn't used to but would grow into it. Now each ride hurts more than the last. help....

I'm just short of 6' & have the same issue, knees are killing me well under 100 miles. I just slide my foot forward to where just the heal is on the peg, plus the highway pegs, usually is enough to get by to the next gas stop. Then it's touchy for a bit.

Mike

I had my stock seat raised up 1.5 inches and back 2.5 to go along with dropped down mini boards. I'm 6'2 and bike fits great.

Put 37000 miles on, with the stock seat and foot pegs, on my 2015. Never had any knee pain, or dislike of the seating position. I'm 5' 11''. Love the bike. I did finally switch seats, to an Ultimate mid rider. Put me forward about 3/4 of an inch and is a slightly higher seating position. After 37000, it is still taking some getting used to the new saddle.

I'm 5'11" with short legs and a long torso, the highway pegs help on longer rides. I switched to a Mustang seat right of the bat when I got the be so the knee issue seem more pronounced without the highway pegs to me.

I am 6'4" with about a 33 inch inseam.I am still on the stock seat but have the drop down kury mini boards which are adjustable fore and aft and to tilt.Set mine forward with a notch of forward tilt and it took out a lot of the knee bend your experiencing.The reason for the forward tilt is to give better clearance for my toe to shift.These really helped=I plan on getting a RDL seat done next spring which should put me back and up a little which should further relaxing the knee bend.Hope this helps you out.

+4 on Kuryakyn mini boards with drop down. I'm 6' and the boards give me about an 80-85° bend at the knees. I like this better than going the full 90°(or the 70-80° stock position) because it allows for easier posting over pot holes. There's a company that makes an elaborate foot peg relocation kit if you prefer a totally forward riding position, but it'll set you back about 700 bucks, I think. The other thing to consider is physical fitness and quad/hamstring/core strength. You're pushing around a 900 pound motorcycle and an ergonomic position can only supplement a moderately strong rider. Don't give up until you are fully satisfied, either. It's a fantastic machine but you need to be comfortable to fully enjoy it. Good luck!!

Jason

I'm 5'11, and this bike fits me to a tee, so there you go. We're all different. I have highway pegs and don't even use them. I feel perfect on this thing.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I'm 5' 8" and honestly think this bike was made for someone my height. I do use highway pegs to stretch my legs out, but am very comfortable on this bike for 12-16 hour days. I also have a Corbin seat, Helibars.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Arthritic knees

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    I've had my new F6B for three weeks. Nearly 1200 miles and I can honestly say this is the most uncomfortable bike i've ever owned when it comes to my sitting position???? Kills my knees. Am I the only person with this issue? Was the bike made for a five foot tall person. I'm 6 foot tall and and my knees hurt so much it's not even funny. My leggs need to go out forward some what....not bent back under me. Wouldn't this hurt most everyone? I ordered some higway pegs but can't ride around all the time with your feet up front away from your brake and shifter. Anyone else dealt with this? I love everything about this bike, BUT the rider position. I didn't feel good when I first sit on it, but figured it was something that I wasn't used to but would grow into it. Now each ride hurts more than the last. help....
    You sound more like a Harley guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]