Ride off stand - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride off stand

Thanks! Looks like it might be the way to go. Steve's 2x12's sound good.

Change the OEM C. stand ? ? ?

As anyone tried modifying the OEM center stand to make it easier to raise the bike?
    I'm no engineer but I'm sure some of you engineers or engineer types may have thought of this.

I saw on here before that a company makes an extended handle to help leverage the bike up on the stock center stand. cueman

I am interested in the ride off stand also, mine is a non deluxe model. But the reviews of this product are all over the place. Some say it is awesome, some say it is the worst product ever...
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Center stand

Been thinking about ordering a center stand from HOR for a 2013 standard that did not come with one. Will I need to do any modifications to install it?

Kokomo Kevin

spoke w/ a long time GW rider

I saw a life long GW rider put his F6A on the C. Stand with a EZ push of his toe. I ask it he had a ride off. He stated didn't like the ride off for several reasons. Same as you can read in the ride off ratings.
    He told he had cut his OEM C. stand 3/4". His tire was on the ground. He said some folks cut 1/2" others 3/4".
    Using a hacksaw, I cut mine 5/8". Using a die grinder, I did my own grinding & fitting so it fit back as it should. Make sure you mark everything before you cut. The local welder charged me $20. A little spray paint & it works great! I have new tires & the tire is off the ground about 1/8" - 3/16", plenty to air the tire.

Standard Center Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    Been thinking about ordering a center stand from HOR for a 2013 standard that did not come with one. Will I need to do any modifications to install it?

Kokomo Kevin
    I just added a center stand to the standard model today and it took less than an hour. I purchased the center stand from a trike modification company on eBay for $53 shipped. I purchased the additional hardware that was needed for about $10 from TMSParts. No modifications were necessary to complete the job. The one recommendation is to pick up a spring hook ($7 amazon) to install the spring.