Tilting Motorworks Conversion of an F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilting Motorworks Conversion of an F6B

Tilting Motorworks Conversion of an F6B

I own a 2014 Honda Valkyrie F6C - bought it thinking I could convert it to a http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/ bike. They thought they could convert it too.
    However the geometry of the Valkyrie was just enough different to make it a NO CAN DO.
    You might ask why I want a three wheeler in the first place?
    You might even think a three wheeler isn't a real motorcycle.
    The Tilting Motorworks system is a FULL LEAN, just like your two wheeled bike, system; and it allows you to corner even more aggressively! But with a tilt lock system installed it will lock the bike upright at speeds under 5 mph. This means shorter riders or older riders or even disabled riders can ride the ride they want to ride SAFELY.

So Determined or Stubborn as I am, I bought a 2015 F6B with plans to convert it. Got a new one for 16k OTD.

I'm a little short @ 5'7" and my inseams at 29" And while I'm flat footed on the Valkyrie F6C I am on the balls of my feet with the F6b. A lot of this has to due with the OEM seat being so damn wide - New Orleans Hooker wide.

Looking forward to my conversion come spring - meanwhile I am loving the F6B and avoiding inclines where stops might be involved.

Once the conversion is done I will put a Russell Day Long Saddle on it - I have one on my Indian and it is amazing.

I have also been fortunate enough to find someone who will trade me their F6B for my F6C so I can ride two F6B's - one with 2 wheels and one with 3 wheels - one at a time of course.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    I own a 2014 Honda Valkyrie F6C - bought it thinking I could convert it to a http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/ bike. They thought they could convert it too.
    However the geometry of the Valkyrie was just enough different to make it a NO CAN DO.
    You might ask why I want a three wheeler in the first place?
    You might even think a three wheeler isn't a real motorcycle.
    The Tilting Motorworks system is a FULL LEAN, just like your two wheeled bike, system; and it allows you to corner even more aggressively! But with a tilt lock system installed it will lock the bike upright at speeds under 5 mph. This means shorter riders or older riders or even disabled riders can ride the ride they want to ride SAFELY. http://thekneeslider.com/tilting-mot...the-gold-wing/

So Determined or Stubborn as I am, I bought a 2015 F6B with plans to convert it. Got a new one for 16k OTD.

I'm a little short @ 5'7" and my inseams at 29" And while I'm flat footed on the Valkyrie F6C I am on the balls of my feet with the F6b. A lot of this has to due with the OEM seat being so damn wide - New Orleans Hooker wide.

Looking forward to my conversion come spring - meanwhile I am loving the F6B and avoiding inclines where stops might be involved.

Once the conversion is done I will put a Russell Day Long Saddle on it - I have one on my Indian and it is amazing.
    Pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

picture of a tilting motor works goldwing

Attachment 24726
    Pics:

:
    I'm a little taller with the same inseam, the mustang seat put me completely flat footed. Even stock wasn't that off...

I saw these at Wing Ding but they were doing a lot of talking but the owner of the company said they had not delivered
    any yet and would not let us test ride one, do you no of anybody with one?

Am I missing something here?? What's the point? If it leans then it still acts like a motorcycle but now you have two front tires wearing out, plus you can still fall over. Kinda defeats the whole trike thing.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Am I missing something here?? What's the point? If it leans then it still acts like a motorcycle but now you have two front tires wearing out, plus you can still fall over. Kinda defeats the whole trike thing.
    I think that the point is that at 5 MPH or less, the tires lock up like a true "Trike" and it becomes a stable 3 wheel machine. I see where this is a great idea for those who are not comfortable with a large bike at slow speeds.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pics:
    Nice Valkyrie! Wish I had one just like it!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Nice Valkyrie! Wish I had one just like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I think that the point is that at 5 MPH or less, the tires lock up like a true "Trike" and it becomes a stable 3 wheel machine. I see where this is a great idea for those who are not comfortable with a large bike at slow speeds.
    You are ABSOLUTELY correct.