Tilting Motorworks Conversion of an F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilting Motorworks Conversion of an F6B

Cool

As long as you have wind in your hair, who cares how its done...we may be there someday !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I think that the point is that at 5 MPH or less, the tires lock up like a true "Trike" and it becomes a stable 3 wheel machine. I see where this is a great idea for those who are not comfortable with a large bike at slow speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    You are ABSOLUTELY correct.
    If it "locks" into a trike why is the kickstand used in the above picture? Not being an ass just curious as to why? The two wheels rear and the two wheels front make since but the leaning trike just dumbfounds me.... I have seen Chinese scooters made that way is it just a bigger version bolted to a Wing?
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    If it "locks" into a trike why is the kickstand used in the above picture? Not being an ass just curious as to why? The two wheels rear and the two wheels front make since but the leaning trike just dumbfounds me.... I have seen Chinese scooters made that way is it just a bigger version bolted to a Wing?
    Piaggio's are another three wheeled tilting motorcycle: http://www.piaggiousa.com/scooter/mp...sport-abs.html

I think the advantage to this type of motorbike is that you can have a trike with the stability... and still ride it like a motorcycle with the leaning and counter steering inputs.

I test drove a Canam Spyder once (three wheeled but not tilting) and it absolutely sucked. Felt like I was on a ATV. Was so happy to get back on my motorcycle after that test ride.

Here's a fairly decent video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1irO5UY68

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Piaggio's are another three wheeled tilting motorcycle: http://www.piaggiousa.com/scooter/mp...sport-abs.html

I think the advantage to this type of motorbike is that you can have a trike with the stability... and still ride it like a motorcycle with the leaning and counter steering inputs.

I test drove a Canam Spyder once (three wheeled but not tilting) and it absolutely sucked. Felt like I was on a ATV. Was so happy to get back on my motorcycle after that test ride.

Here's a fairly decent video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1irO5UY68
    On a recent mountain trip, a buddy of mine rented a Can-Am to ride with us for the weekend. I rode it for about 4 hours---I too, was not impressed. The paddle shift tranny was great, but my knees hurt and my thigh muscles were sore for a while. Not to mention the "pucker tension" from going around curves feeling like it was trying to throw you off. I did learn how to make it a bit better later in the ride, but it was no fun to start with. It is a different animal. Given the choice of that and my wife's MX5 convertible, I will take the Mazda every time, and it ain't even a motorcycle.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Am I missing something here?? What's the point? If it leans then it still acts like a motorcycle but now you have two front tires wearing out, plus you can still fall over. Kinda defeats the whole trike thing.
    Wing'n it - I would go to the tilting motorworks link I posted and watch some of the videos - You will notice a good number of folks leave motorcycling do to age or health issues. People who could extend their motorcycling days for years with the right motorcycle! People drive trikes - but the tilting motorworks system leaves the motorcycle a motorcycle and you still have to countersteer and lean etc.... and if you hit some gravel or a wet spot you have 3 patches of rubber on the road
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    As long as you have wind in your hair, who cares how its done...we may be there someday !!!
    Amen to that !

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post

And for those of us who do not have hair, I guess we get "knees in the breeze".
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    On a recent mountain trip, a buddy of mine rented a Can-Am to ride with us for the weekend. I rode it for about 4 hours---I too, was not impressed. The paddle shift tranny was great, but my knees hurt and my thigh muscles were sore for a while. Not to mention the "pucker tension" from going around curves feeling like it was trying to throw you off. I did learn how to make it a bit better later in the ride, but it was no fun to start with. It is a different animal. Given the choice of that and my wife's MX5 convertible, I will take the Mazda every time, and it ain't even a motorcycle.
    I'm a big fan of the Mx5!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

I owned a couple of the Can Am Spyders and thankfully a good lawyer got me out of the first one and a quick sale got rid of the replacement for the first one, NEVER again! I would rather have my proctologist take a second look that own another Spyder.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike