Alaska F6B riders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaska F6B riders

Alaska F6B riders

I was just wandering how many other F6B riders there are in the Great White North

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaF6B View Post
    I was just wandering how many other F6B riders there are in the Great White North
    I think you may be the first.

:create.php:
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaF6B View Post
    I thought Canada was the Great White North and Alaska was the Last Frontier?

In any case Welcome to the Forum!!!!! :create.php:

Beagle

I've made an offer to my Dealer in Fairbanks for one. Changing from H-D back to another Honda...owned a GW and many others in the last 53 years of riding. No reply yet.

The plan is to tour Canada either this Fall, or next summer. Better on a F6B.

Good news. Dealer called today and accepted my trade for F6B offer. Now to contact Honda next week and see if they can get one shipped to Alaska B4 winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    Good news. Dealer called today and accepted my trade for F6B offer. Now to contact Honda next week and see if they can get one shipped to Alaska B4 winter.
    Why not do a Fly n' Ride? Have your dealer make contact with his distributor in the lower states...pick the bike up down here...and ride it back home.

Why wait for it to be shipped up to Alaska ? With all those 53 years of riding, you are more than capable of riding the bike from Washington State up to Alaska. Most likely that is where it will be shipped from...Washington State.

If that does not work for you...then I will offer to pick the bike up in Washington State, where I live, and deliver it to you in Alaska. I have ridden around AK many times on bikes.

One of my dreams is to ride to Alaska someday. Is it paved all the way yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Why not do a Fly n' Ride? Have your dealer make contact with his distributor in the lower states...pick the bike up down here...and ride it back home.

Why wait for it to be shipped up to Alaska ? With all those 53 years of riding, you are more than capable of riding the bike from Washington State up to Alaska. Most likely that is where it will be shipped from...Washington State.

If that does not work for you...then I will offer to pick the bike up in Washington State, where I live, and deliver it to you in Alaska. I have ridden around AK many times on bikes.
    Hello Miles, and thank you for the kind offer. Good to be here and meet and greet. The same local dealer that sells H-D's sells Hondas, so it's got to stay an in-house deal on the trade/sale. Plus I expect they want to do the setup and ride some to see how they differ from the regular GW's. As far as I know, there's none in this part of AK yet. None have been sold locally.

You're right about the ride up, great fun, fantastic country...unfortunately for me my new passport hasn't arrived yet (misplaced it or dog ate it, so no Canada travel), and who knows when with Sequester. Right now they'll check for availability next Tuesday, then we'll go from there. As you know there's many GW and BMW travelers up here during the summer. Personally I think BC is more scenic, but that's after 48 yrs in Alaska flying, boating, driving, and hiking about all over.

I owned a 2012 GW for a while, we really liked it, but found it too top heavy with the wife on at age 67 for me. Now with the lower CG F6B I'm looking forward to another Wing Ding.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    One of my dreams is to ride to Alaska someday. Is it paved all the way yet?

Sure, Bobby...it is paved all the way up to Alaska, just like it is 35 degrees in Phoenix right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Sure, Bobby...it is paved all the way up to Alaska, just like it is 35 degrees in Phoenix right now.

Bike44 - you go on with your bad self! Trade that HD and live the awesome life of riding on the F6B. After the last 10 years on HD, it's nice to get back on motorcycle that handles, and has copious amounts of power.