Murder or just an Accident?

Thread: Murder or just an Accident?

Murder or just an Accident?

Four years of flawless functioning, I go to Garmins website to update my Nuvi 550, kaboom! No more GPS, just the black screen of death. Garmin tech support, no help though they did offer to sell me a newer one, for another $500, gee thanks Garmin. Anyone else have this happen? Very suspicious to me?
    ss^,
    Ken

Coincidence IMO.

If a company was ever caught doing something so underhanded, it would be the death knell. I don't put anything past a company coming up with underhanded ways to drum up business... but I can't see a company doing something this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Coincidence IMO.

If a company was ever caught doing something so underhanded, it would be the death knell. I don't put anything past a company coming up with underhanded ways to drum up business... but I can't see a company doing something this stupid.
    I loved Garmin up till today, that's why I'm asking. It's not like they were the airline or moving industry.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    Four years of flawless functioning, I go to Garmins website to update my Nuvi 550, kaboom! No more GPS, just the black screen of death. Garmin tech support, no help though they did offer to sell me a newer one, for another $500, gee thanks Garmin. Anyone else have this happen? Very suspicious to me?

Garmin Products Suck! Period!.. The company doesn't give a rats ass about customers and it's products are unreliable. After an map update my Garmin would not reboot, Garmin's solution was to sell me a refurbed unit for $250.00. Garmin has major Qc problems with it's products.

I like garmin products, they have been good to me. I updated a one year old iPad to IOS 7 and it bricked on me no help from apple at all. I guess it's the game we all play with electronics.

I'm Done With Garmin:

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    I had a Garmin Quest II and a Garmin Nuvi 550. Updating map software was a disaster on both. In the end the there was not enough onboard memory on either to accommodate the full North American database. Garmin takes your Money before they reveal this fact. Customer support was useless and the BaseCamp planning software was not user friendly IMO.

Purchased the new TomTom Rider in January of this year and have grown to really like this unit and it has Lifetime Map Updates that actually are easy to update. The free Tyre Route Planning software is based on Google Maps and works well with some practice. If you are a current Garmin user there is a transition period going to the TomTom since the TomTom operates differently, it takes some patience. I have spoken to TomTom customer support once on the phone and the support agent was very helpful. I recommend the TomTom Rider if you need a waterproof GPS as I do.

I always update all my Garmin GPS units with no problem.I usually check or update once a month
    Ride it like you stole it