Shoei RJ-Platinum-R & rain

Thread: Shoei RJ-Platinum-R & rain

Shoei RJ-Platinum-R & rain

I was out for a short ride the other day and got caught in a bit of rain. I took some rain in the face and decided I needed to get a face shield to put on next time I get caught. Imagine my surprise - I couldn't find one for this helmet. Does any one know where I can get a face shield for this helmet? If not, what do other folks with this helmet do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

I have an older RJ Platinum and I'm pretty sure it has 3 snaps in the forehead area for attaching visors and face shields. I don't think you will find Shoei brand shields , but there are universal 3 snap shields available, I had 3 of them for that helmet, a dark tinted, amber, & clear but I think they went bye,bye in the trash.

OK, I just went to the garage & checked the RJ. It has 3 snaps across the forehead area and 2 more snaps at around the ears for fastening the lower edge of the shield. Shouldn't be too much of a problem finding shields, I think I got mine at Dennis Kirk, although it was some time ago.

I've got a couple of Biltwell Bubble Shields for my Platinum-R. They just have the 3 adjustable snaps across the top. I've got a 'Mirror' and a 'Clear', but they come in an assortment of colours. They've also got what appears to be a good rain deflector that helps to stop the water running down the face of it although I haven't had to test them out yet.

In a nutshell, they will fit your Shoei RJ Platinum-R. If you've got a Peak on your helmet, you just swap it over for the shield. (Can't have both.)

Thanks - that should point me in the right direction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

Was wondering if those shields would fit my Shoei. Just ordered one. Thanks.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Check out the Shark EXO CT-220. Very versatile, and only $139 + shipping or less. 3/4 helmet with a removable full face shield, visor, and internal goggles.

http://www.helmetshop.com/Scorpion-EXO-CT220-Metallics
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.