Good Bluetooth Solution

Thread: Good Bluetooth Solution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Thought I would pass this on, it may be useful to others.

Today I hardwired a BT module to the bike and it works awesome. Pairs automatically when you turn the bike on. I also added a dual socket usb power socket. They work great together as the BT module accounts for this accessory. I also stuffed the intercom wiring under the cubby so I could use the hole to run my phone cable. Here is the link for the Bluetooth accessory.
    edit... working on link

http://-------------------------/ind...bluetooth-aux/

if the link doesn't work... The website is electrical connection.com(one word). look under F6B page 3

Don't know why I can't copy and paste the link....

electricalconnection .com
    Does this still allow full control of the BT connected device like a BT dongle in the saddlebag? Or is it just a connection for streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Does this still allow full control of the BT connected device like a BT dongle in the saddlebag? Or is it just a connection for streaming?
    You can control the volume on the handle bars. I would think that would be about it. I also mounted my phone to the clutch mount during this adventure so I would have to control from there. I use a flash drive in the saddle bag for tunes most of the time, I like being able to use the bikes controls for that. For me, this was for the use of Maps, an app called Rever, and notifications etc. Plus with the 12v power plug, I can keep my phone from going dead while running these apps.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

You can control the volume on the handle bars. I would think that would be about it. I also mounted my phone to the clutch mount during this adventure so I would have to control from there. I use a flash drive in the saddle bag for tunes most of the time, I like being able to use the bikes controls for that. For me, this was for the use of Maps, an app called Rever, and notifications etc. Plus with the 12v power plug, I can keep my phone from going dead while running these apps.
    Thanks for checking the Bluetooth.So just to clarify, you can have your iPhone connected to the Sena then you can have your iPhone connected to the motorcycles Bluetooth and play music through the speakers on the bike. Just want to be sure prior to ordering this.

Does Rever let you download routes out have created elsewhere? If so, how many waypoints?
    Last edited by Av8er; 02-06-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Thanks for checking the Bluetooth.So just to clarify, you can have your iPhone connected to the Sena then you can have your iPhone connected to the motorcycles Bluetooth and play music through the speakers on the bike. Just want to be sure prior to ordering this.

Does Rever let you download routes out have created elsewhere? If so, how many waypoints?
    Yes phone connected to Sena, Phone also connected to bikes BT. Music will play through bike's speakers from phone. As far as Rever goes, I just started messing with it last summer, but I kept forgetting to use it, or I would forget to turn it back on after a lunch stop. But having the phone mounted on the bars should help me remember better than keeping my phone in my jacket pocket. I can't tell you much about the app, I am just starting to mess with it.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Yes phone connected to Sena, Phone also connected to bikes BT. Music will play through bike's speakers from phone. As far as Rever goes, I just started messing with it last summer, but I kept forgetting to use it, or I would forget to turn it back on after a lunch stop. But having the phone mounted on the bars should help me remember better than keeping my phone in my jacket pocket. I can't tell you much about the app, I am just starting to mess with it.
    Thanks for clarifying, I’m gonna order one today.