Front end feels weird !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front end feels weird !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    Check your tire pressures
    Ditto

You are comparing apples to oranges.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    Check your tire pressures
    That's right. First things first.
    One of the most common reasons for motorcycle handling to feel 'off' is low tire pressure, regardless of make/model.

Quote Originally Posted by richw56 View Post
    That's right. First things first.
    One of the most common reasons for motorcycle handling to feel 'off' is low tire pressure, regardless of make/model.
    I would hope that tire pressures were checked in pre-flight
    In the case of my Valkyrie, It is just the difference. Plus, I have a fork mounted Woody's batwing on the front too that will exaggerate the different feel.

I too experienced this last week. I took my '07 Vulcan 1500 out to stretch its legs. Having not ridden it since I brought the 6 home, the whole ride felt very alien to me. I wondered how I ever rode it before, especially on the likes of the Dragon and Colorado. Felt many of the same things others have said; felt like driving a Mack truck, didn't want to lean, etc....Everything I do riding my 6 I seemed to have to put 3x as much effort into my Vulc to do. I likened it to driving a modern car vs a classic with no power-steering and having to pump the brakes.

I actually felt unsafe for the first few miles To amplify the uneasy feelings of the handling, I was riding two-up. It was a 55 mile round trip, and to my Vulc's credit I began to 'gel' with it once again after about 20 miles.

The ride was a testament to the 6's attributes, and I now appreciate it(the 6) even more if such a thing is possible.

Same feelings here

after the F6B, my nimble Boulevard felt like a sluggish hard to maneuver turd...

So, I sold it last week. Problem solved...

I think my Harley will be next to go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Yup Harley gone here too.

Rode my wifes 1300 Interstate and it had to go as well, damn thing felt like it was unsafe!

She chose a CTX 700. I cant get her to go with an F6B. she says too big. But I have to say the CTX performs very well (every bit as well as her old 1300) and on top of that she is getting over 70 MPG, with a high of 84 on one tank. As long as shes safe and happy I'm all in.