F6B Dark Side Riders - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

# 1...can't you simply set the TPMS to the specific pressure you want the tire to be set for, and have it read from that? If you want the tire to be set at 35psi, can't you set the TPMS to 35psi for the rear tire ?
    Honda GL1800 doesn't have adjustable programmable TPMS sensors. It is possible to teach the rear to be the front and vice versa. Since the front tire pressure is 5 pounds lower, that the rear, then we fool the ECM into thinking the rear sensor is the front and now you can run the rear tire at 32 psi without seeing a blinking TPMS light

Going to the Darkside.....

Today, while I had my bike inside my own shop, and up on my lift, to remove the Front tire that now has 20,270 miles on it, I also removed my second version of my rear tire...and installed the newly powder-coated 90% high gloss Black rear wheel, with a new Michelin Primacy Alpin 3 (run-flat) car tire.

Attachment 3011Attachment 3012Attachment 3013Attachment 3014Attachment 3015

The installation of the CT to the bike was very easy, because I read and followed all the tips that those before me suggested. Having the bike all the way up in the air helped too, as I could stand and lift the tire up into place. I did let the air out of the tire first, and...because of the newly powder-coated wheel, I did put tape on the threaded studs, so that they would not scratch the wheel. The only problem I had with this job, was getting the tape off the threaded studs, once the wheel was in place. I know what to do better next time, as I have a lot of the rubber caps that come with new fuel pumps, so I will use them.

I will start out running this new CT at 35 psi, and do all the tests suggested by that Big Dawg dude
    It will be a week before I actually get the bike back on the road,, because I am sending my front wheel and my secondary rear wheel out to be powder-coated 90% high gloss Black. In the meantime...tweak this and adjust that...to make the bike happier.

Sweet

Mr. Miles

I haven't looked back at your other posts, have you always run car tires? Just trying to glean some info from a high mileage dude such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I haven't looked back at your other posts, have you always run car tires? Just trying to glean some info from a high mileage dude such as yourself.

This is my very first CT, and I have Bob109 to blame for it all.

The fact is, I decided to OPEN my mind, and give it a try. I am hopeful it will all work just fine. I have other wheels with new tires sitting in my shop, so...I can always go back to the Lightside, but....I hope this works.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Of course it will work.
    I find it to be more of a 'what do ya like and what can ya live with?' type of situation. One you'll never really know the answer to until you try it for yourself.

The Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    This is my very first CT, and I have Bob109 to blame for it all.

The fact is, I decided to OPEN my mind, and give it a try. I am hopeful it will all work just fine. I have other wheels with new tires sitting in my shop, so...I can always go back to the Lightside, but....I hope this works.
    Miles:

Riding the Dark Side is nothing more than mind over matter! With your accumulated riding skills the subtle handling difference between the M/T and C/T should be easily overcome. Make sure that you scrub in your new C/T and find the "sweep spot" on air pressure which best suits you and you will be "Golden". There are no shortage of folks who have accumulated considerable safe mileage on a C/T without incident, myself included.

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable C/T experience.

Regards

Bob

Miles--I'm sure many join with me in anticipating your upcoming review. Your considerable experience should carry significant weight and that, combined with an unusually honest review, should prove to be very interesting. I'm looking forward to it. Since it's your first, don't be biased by the first few miles. I'm confident you will adjust quickly and frankly, I'll be surprised if you don't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Miles--I'm sure many join with me in anticipating your upcoming review. Your considerable experience should carry significant weight and that, combined with an unusually honest review, should prove to be very interesting. I'm looking forward to it. Since it's your first, don't be biased by the first few miles. I'm confident you will adjust quickly and frankly, I'll be surprised if you don't love it.
    Ken, I love the new avaitar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Ken, I love the new avaitar
    Thanks for that, Jimmy! I use this avatar on several different forums that I'm on. I chose it mainly to distinguish between being thought of as a horn blower (like a car horn) and a horn player (which I am).