SuperBrace review! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuperBrace review!

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I researched the issue before deciding on a Kury fork brace. The potential stiction issue with the Superbrace based on its one piece design is what led me to Kury. Traxxion's fork brace is based on the original multi piece Kury design which they believed to be a superior design.
    Thats why I went with the Superbrace over the others the one piece design.Less parts to come loose hence a stiffer design.As far as stiction mine has been on for 9K and there is none-nada.I'm a big boy in the high 300's and it really improved the front end feel and over all handlig of my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I don't understand why a two piece or five piece brace would be any different once they're bolted on. Then they're both solid.
    The difference has to do with potential stiction not stability. 5 piece design provides for less possibility of stiction. Both do the same thing and are solid and stable. One is just more prone to stiction issues. That being said, many folks have installed the 2 piece design and are perfectly happy with it. I always take the more cautious approach and decided on the 5 piece design. Price and performance are comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Factor View Post
    I believe the concern is that there may be some slight variance (surely not much!) in the distance between the fork tubes at that location from bike to bike. The 2 piece super brace would seem to force the tubes to conform to it's dimensions where the 5 piece units adjust to whatever distance the fork tubes actually are at the time of installation.
    Ok. That makes sense. Mine seemed to fit perfectly so I'm not going to worry about it.

My 2-piece Superbrace works perfectly with no added stiction. In a comparison test, the fork action was identical with and without the brace.
    Ken (Hornblower)

As stated a couple of other places in here the Superbrace alleviated the stiction in my fork making it much more compliant, transferring less road shock into my chronically sore hands.

It is device , which is very useful in all heavy bikes and should be installed already by factory . Strongly recommended !!!

fork brace

i love how these threads bring out all the anal people who just have to one up the original post.....ive had superbrace on previous wings ive owned....older 1500 models as well as a few sport bikes and have always been pleased with the result.my point?something is better than nothing so its basically an apples vs. oranges thing...again,thanks for the review!!

Quote Originally Posted by christian52 View Post
    i love how these threads bring out all the anal people who just have to one up the original post.....ive had superbrace on previous wings ive owned....older 1500 models as well as a few sport bikes and have always been pleased with the result.my point?something is better than nothing so its basically an apples vs. oranges thing...again,thanks for the review!!
    A fork brace is a fork brace.... Not sure how how a number of parts could make one better or worse...I would think the more parts, to a point, would make for a more custom fit....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

And striction is What???

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    And striction is What???
    Thanks for asking - I meant to ask too....

striction:
    The act of constricting, or the state of being constricted.

Okay...I got the definition, but now what exactly are talking about with regards to the bike and what exactly are we concerned about being constricted?

TIA,
    Steve