Numb Butt - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Numb Butt

I have yet to do a long haul on my new mustang but, I will add that the bottom of the seat is thin and harder than expected. It fits tight and you do sit down into the bike and the support is nice on the lower back. I will put some miles on this weekend and give you my 2 cents.
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

I know we are all different in the "butt" department, but the stock seat works for me at this point....Have heard lots of nice comments on the Mustang, which is lower, and the Ultimate seat which is about the same height, but more comfortable....I hope you can find the one that works for you as most cost a lot of bucks!!

I also really like the Mustang, but my longest ride has only been about 150 miles. I feel for you, been there and it isn't any fun. My Wing use to make me sore but I bought an Aqua Aire cushion and have done a 1050 mile day with it. If I do a long trip with my F6B I will take the cushion with me.

seat

I ordered the mustang for my bike!!
    Ok he's done

After two hours on the stocker, I'm miserable. I have an ultimate on order. RDL's are awesome but the extended build time (currently June delivery) was longer than I wanted to wait. Two weeks they are telling me for the Ultimate, and I ordered it with the riders backrest. I am riding to Texas this week end and I'm telling my butt to get ready, not that it will help.

Had a Mustang on my VTX, made 600 miles one day and could hardly walk when I got off the bike. Ended up with tendinitis in both hips. Changed to a Ultimate big boy and did 830 miles one day with no problems. Going to RDL on the 20th to get a seat made for the F6b.

I know most of you have ridden big bikes before like Wings and HD's but I been on smaller bikes 700cc range. The stock seat is heaven compared to those older seats. I don't slide, I sit comfortable on a cushy seat. Instead of having support on part of my fat ass the F6B seat supports the whole trunk!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I have a Rick Mayer seat and am totally happy with it on long rides. At the end of a day I have never spent a moment thinking about the seat and it's comfort. That's about the highest compliment a seat can get. You could talk to Rick and discuss the height issue also. He uses the stock pan so I had him recover and install the Utopia drivers backrest I had purchased. He also recovered my passenger backrest to match. While it's a great seat, I don't know if you could get one within your timeframe. I had an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and liked it a lot. Not as well as the Rick Mayer, but it was still a great seat. That may be your best bet. I have no experience with the Mustang other than one than came on a Honda 1100 Shadow that I bought used many years ago. It really gave me butt burn but most likely that's not at all relevant to today's product being made for the F6B.

Get the Russell adjusted to fit you better

Russell should be able to modify their seat to fit you better. If it is secondhand, they may charge you a little.

Until then, get some Gold Bond Medicated powder and sprinkle some down the back of your shorts before a long ride and after.

It really helps.

Also, after you get the Russell done, get a pair of LDComfort tights. They'll keep the moisture away from your rear (which is what breaks down the skin during a long ride and causes the pain). After getting the LDComfort tights, do NOT use the Gold Bond powder with the tights. It will defeat the purpose which is to wick the moisture away from your skin.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WCody View Post
    Russell should be able to modify their seat to fit you better. If it is secondhand, they may charge you a little.

Until then, get some Gold Bond Medicated powder and sprinkle some down the back of your shorts before a long ride and after.

It really helps.

Also, after you get the Russell done, get a pair of LDComfort tights. They'll keep the moisture away from your rear (which is what breaks down the skin during a long ride and causes the pain). After getting the LDComfort tights, do NOT use the Gold Bond powder with the tights. It will defeat the purpose which is to wick the moisture away from your skin.

Good luck.
    +1 on LD Comfort. I have the long tights and also the knee length. The long sleeve crew neck shirt is fantastic. Folks, these are to keep you cool. Use as directed and you'll be amazed. Cools you in the same way that a swamp cooler works. Not for use with mesh clothing. The mesh defeats the working of the clothing. Very popular with the Iron Butt crowd. Also good for staying warm when we get back to the cold weather.