Curious---What accessory has most exceeded your expectations? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curious---What accessory has most exceeded your expectations?

Since I started the thread, I only picked the option that pleasantly surprised me the most. Now many others have chimed in and I thank you for
    participating.

With that said, for me a new taller windshield was my first choice of what needed to be done. Although I didn't mind the wind, I couldn't hear the stereo system and that HAD to be corrected. I settled for the Baggershield convertible shield. If I had to do it over, I'd probably go with the Madstad, based on all the satisfied customers.

I also agree that a center stand was a must since I already knew of the benefits from having a Rivco on my Valkyrie Interstates.
    It was high on my priority list and got checked off early on with a take off for a trike conversion.

I also replaced the seat with a barely used Mustang Day Tripper, added the Ergo IIIs(couldn't do without being able to extend the riding position for the feet), a bikeMp3 luggage rack and a passenger backrest.

So I now have most of the major bases covered for the first year of ownership. Time to save some money over the winter.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

MBL Risers coupled with Show Chrome driver back rest made the sweet spot in my comfort.
    Kick ass stereo mod is almost as fun as the horsepower and torque. Funny to watch people start dancing as I pass by.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Of all the accessories that either came on your F6b or that you installed, which has exceeded your expectations the most.

For me, it'd have to be the heated grips. Since I bought a standard leftover 2013 new, it didn't come with them but I had the opportunity to buy a used set. WOW, do they ever get warm and put out some serious heat. I love the idea that they have multiple settings. I like them far better than I thought I would. I wouldn't want to live without them this time of year up by Chicago.

Just curious what the other members think.
    First was a taller windshield, then ergo 3s so I can rest
    my shortlegs someplace. then risers.
    I installed real cruise control on my 2013 and it just made a great bike better!
    shortleg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Although it is not an accessory, the radio, first I have ever had on a bike, has exceeded my expectations. Love the Rivco pegs for stretching out the legs, even though I have become comfortable w/the F6b riding position. I never sat on the stock seat so I'm not sure whether the aftermarket one has made a difference. Ascetically the look of the lowering of the bike is something I love. The look of the Madstad is something I am still trying to like, was a fan of the stock one, but no doubt about it, I could never have ridden w/out my hair in a pony tail w/the stock screen. I guess I just like everything about this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Of all the accessories that either came on your F6b or that you installed, which has exceeded your expectations the most.

For me, it'd have to be the heated grips. Since I bought a standard leftover 2013 new, it didn't come with them but I had the opportunity to buy a used set. WOW, do they ever get warm and put out some serious heat. I love the idea that they have multiple settings. I like them far better than I thought I would. I wouldn't want to live without them this time of year up by Chicago.

Just curious what the other members think.
    Hey Russ, glad they are working out so well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Hey Russ, glad they are working out so well for you.
    That they are, Bob. I wasn't sure if it would be proper ettiquette to mention your name but now that you've addressed that, I thank you for such a classy transaction-and also for putting the grips up for sale! I use them every morning up here west of Chicago.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Baker hand wings and lower wings.

Best overall functioning-----Madstad. Works like a barn door shield at a fraction of the size.

Also love my center stand, Helibars, Ultimate Kingrider, Kury Ergo and mini boards and the bunches and bunches of lights.

Biggest mistake was the Kury grips. Wish I had installed heated OEM grips.
    What don't you like about the Kury heated grips? I was thinking of getting a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    Kuryakyn Ergo II Hwy Pegs. Had them powdercoated black. COMFORTABLE
    hey i did this...

most likely, grip puppies! cost the least and helped the most!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

fl1madmax

Four things make mine Perfect IMO !!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    hey i did this...
    most likely, grip puppies! cost the least and helped the most!
    Ultimate Seat King, Taller shield, Heli Bar Risers, and Revco Pegs Power coated BLACK .......Love it ! V&H just for High RPM Giggles !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMRed View Post
    MADSTAD.
    +1.