Looking to mount Ram ball on emblem above glove box - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to mount Ram ball on emblem above glove box

The visibility is great and when you leave the bike just loosen the mount and store the GPS in the glove box. Ram also has a 4 inch mount if you would like the GPS up higher. I'm really happy the way it turned out and works perfect for what I needed to accomplish. Sorry for the crooked pictures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

I have a two piece Mad-stad windshield and mounted my ram ball on the back of the lower section windshield. With a short ram mount clamp it places the GPS right in front of me so I don't even have to look down to see it.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I have a two piece Mad-stad windshield and mounted my ram ball on the back of the lower section windshield. With a short ram mount clamp it places the GPS right in front of me so I don't even have to look down to see it.
    Ditto.
    I originally had mine mounted to the glove box cover but I found it too far away from the road for my eyes. The mount on the madstad also seems to do better with sun glare.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Ditto.
    I originally had mine mounted to the glove box cover but I found it too far away from the road for my eyes. The mount on the madstad also seems to do better with sun glare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    May either of you please post some pics of the install area?
    Also, any tips, tricks, or traps regarding drilling or running power cords?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    May either of you please post some pics of the install area?
    Also, any tips, tricks, or traps regarding drilling or running power cords?
    here are a few pics of my first attempt:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...l=1#post120488

I've since replaced the hardware with black button head screws and threaded them into the ram mount (no nuts, all black).

I drilled the madstad while it was installed on the bike. I wasn't quite ready for the drill bit grab-and-pull and ended up scuffing the dash with the bit. Be ready for that, or install the bit so it has as little exposed as possible.

My power setup isn't ideal; I have a USB plugged in the accessory socket. I tuck the cable into the intercom cable mount when I'm not using the GPS.

I can get some pics up when I get back to the bike (work) but I simply drilled a hole in the dash with the windshield off to run the power cord direct. The hole is at the base of the shield and can not be seen also acts as a good drain hole. My power cord is routed to the left cubby and tied into the lighter socket wiring so the GPS comes on and off with the key, like magic. I also mounted the ram ball to the shield and with black hardware it looks like it came that way.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike