I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(

I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(

I've gotten two speeding tickets in two months of riding it now! One for 71 in a 65 and yesterday for 75 in a 65. The next purchase I make for this bike will be a good radar detector. I'm not sure if it's the red bike or not but I'm having some bad luck

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I've gotten two speeding tickets in two months of riding it now! One for 71 in a 65 and yesterday for 75 in a 65. The next purchase I make for this bike will be a good radar detector. I'm not sure if it's the red bike or not but I'm having some bad luck
    Ghostrider …..

Those are called PERFORMANCE Awards

You have been rewarded for out performing your competition on the road

Problem #1 ... you're in IDAHO ... there's nothing for cops to do in IDAHO but wait for you to come by zooming ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    Ghostrider …..

Those are called PERFORMANCE Awards

You have been rewarded for out performing your competition on the road
    AAAAhh! I feel so much better now!

Actually the guy was pretty nice, he was asking me questions about my bike and how I liked it. He also told me about the defencive driving class you can take online and take 3 points off your driving record...... I never got a ticket on my blue BMW!

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Problem #1 ... you're in IDAHO ... there's nothing for cops to do in IDAHO but wait for you to come by zooming ...
    You are exactly right Goldtahoe!! We need more bank robbers here!!

Just be glad you don't have one of the fast black ones, you would have lost your license by now.

You got one for 71 in a 65? Wow thats a bummer, I guess that cop was having a bad day or something

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.This bike is so smooth and full of power I too have found it hard to stay below 80-85mph.I'm always checking the speedo and use my Breakaway throttle lock a lot to stay out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    You got one for 71 in a 65? Wow that's a bummer, I guess that cop was having a bad day or something
    Yes, I'm taking that one to court. He had his cruse control set at 70 and pacing the traffic. I got on the freeway about 4 car links behind him and in the span of 5 or 6 miles crept up on him to where I was right next to him at one point. As soon as my bike inched passed his car he turned on his lights. So it wasn't a speeding ticket actually it was a "disrespect" ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    You got one for 71 in a 65? Wow thats a bummer, I guess that cop was having a bad day or something
    In Brevard NC you get a ticket just because....................6 over is a definite ticket.

Had a female cop in another local town writing for one over. Wrote so many the judge told her if she couldn't find something better to do she needed to find another vocation. But no telling how many she wrote over the years.

Both well known speed traps. Or revenue generators......