Extended warranties - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended warranties

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Is it worth it? Only you can decide. Must be purchased before the original 3-year warranty expires. I'm generally not a fan of such extended warranties, but I just got the one for my F6B. The original warranty expires in March. I'm getting older and if I decide to sell the bike in the future, the warranty might be a good selling point.

As for getting it, I did lots of research and found the following to be the best (and is where I purchased mine). Simple. Just have your VIN number when you call. He looks your bike up and confirms info, and enters the warranty into the Honda database. Took about five minutes.

Max's Cycle
    Abilene, TX
    325-673-4636
    Talk to Al Miller
    Cost: $585 for the 60 month (60 months beyond the end of your original warranty).
    Thanks for the info, Dave! A memory popped up on my FB account that I brought the bike home 3 years ago today, so I got on the phone and Al hooked me up for 5 years. Roadside assistance wasn't included in the $595, but I added it for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dave! A memory popped up on my FB account that I brought the bike home 3 years ago today, so I got on the phone and Al hooked me up for 5 years. Roadside assistance wasn't included in the $595, but I added it for $50.
    Basically; what's included in roadside assistance?

EDIT:...Just went to Honda's website and found this...

Roadside Assistance is available from your authorized Honda Powersports Dealer. You can purchase up to 60 months on your Honda on-road motorcycle and scooter. Roadside assistance provides the following:

• Towing to nearest Honda dealer regardless of mileage
    • Towing to any Honda dealer or your home within 30 miles of breakdown
    • Coverage in United States, Canada & Mexico
    • Locksmith & Extrication assistance
    • Fluid delivery (up to 2 gallons)
    • Coverage for a total of 4 service incidents per year
    • Over 45,000 service providers
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 02-11-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I think if you buy it and never have to use it. It was a great bargin. Think about it you ride 8 full years and never have a problem with the bike. I think that worth the call to Al at Max's Cycle and the $595. I have a F6B and a full wing. I bought extended on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Basically; what's included in roadside assistance?

EDIT:...Just went to Honda's website and found this...

Roadside Assistance is available from your authorized Honda Powersports Dealer. You can purchase up to 60 months on your Honda on-road motorcycle and scooter. Roadside assistance provides the following:

• Towing to nearest Honda dealer regardless of mileage
    • Towing to any Honda dealer or your home within 30 miles of breakdown
    • Coverage in United States, Canada & Mexico
    • Locksmith & Extrication assistance
    • Fluid delivery (up to 2 gallons)
    • Coverage for a total of 4 service incidents per year
    • Over 45,000 service providers
    Yeah, even though I have AAA, that isn't going to take the bike to a Honda dealer, necessarily. $50 for 5 years wasn't too bad of a deal.

I finally got around to calling Al Miller and purchased the 5 year extended warranty and roadside assistance for $645.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I finally got around to calling Al Miller and purchased the 5 year extended warranty and roadside assistance for $645.
    That's a good price, but still much more than they cost a few years ago. Either Honda decided they needed to make more money on warranties, or their bikes are less reliable. I hope it's the former!

Roadside Assistance/Towing Plans

I've rarely needed roadside assistance or towing, but from those who have I've heard one big complaint: when you call for assistance with a prepaid plan, you often wait hours for help to arrive. One Valkyrie rider I talked with said he called for help in the afternoon, but nobody showed up until 9 PM.

From what I've heard these plans award contracts to just a few towing companies in an area, possibly the lowest bidders. So when you call you might end up waiting for help to arrive from miles away. If I ever break down I'd rather pay more and have someone arrive quickly. A phone app that identifies nearby services and response times would be useful.