Gun fire and death in Canada - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gun fire and death in Canada

Hard to argue with that at all!

Another of my concerns with the way this PC group of asshats we have running this country. WHEN they decide to try and disarm the general population there will be hell to pay. Most of my guns are registered, since my local laws requires a permit before buying be issued by your counties Sheriff dept. the scary part is along with those records they have a way to track those weapons, and thus an avenue to search them out.
    Further I am a concealed carry permit holder and those are more records that could be used. Being a law abiding citizen may in fact bite me in the ass?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post

Further. On soap box now. No matter the subject, as in the case of this one being debated on an open forum I have seen several lately that touch on the edges of politics and become heated and on the verge of personal attacks. while we are all passionate about some subject matters remember there aint nuttin personal! Try not to get butt hurt if you express your opinion and get your ass handed to you on a platter. Enjoy the ride and reading the posts when you cant. I not a mod, just my opinion. but some folks just take shit way too hard.

Please remember that we will not solve the worlds' problems on any FORUM
    We all have had our own unique experiences through life. I live my life in the way that I think is best for myself and my country without shoving my beliefs down anyones throat or preventing someone else to live their life in a completely different way then mine. We all have choices and freedoms, having more Government regulations to reduce or remove my choices/freedoms is something that I have a hard time with.

Before you hit the send button as you reply to a post, just envision the person standing in front of you. There have been many subjects that I have wanted to respond but chose to bite my bottom lip and moved on. As I have said in the past ... I'm willing to listen to others, however there are times that we MUST agree to disagree and just walk away from the discussion table.

Finally, we are grown men.... if a discussion is not going your way, just ignore it and DON'T let the post effect your blood pressure. Life is too short.

Now, I'll leave you all to continue this discussion ..... I'm headed for the range

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Please remember that we will not solve the worlds' problems on any FORUM
    We all have had our own unique experiences through life. I live my life in the way that I think is best for myself and my country without shoving my beliefs down anyones throat or preventing someone else to live their life in a completely different way then mine. We all have choices and freedoms, having more Government regulations to reduce or remove my choices/freedoms is something that I have a hard time with.

Before you hit the send button as you reply to a post, just envision the person standing in front of you. There have been many subjects that I have wanted to respond but chose to bite my bottom lip and moved on. As I have said in the past ... I'm willing to listen to others, however there are times that we MUST agree to disagree and just walk away from the discussion table.

Finally, we are grown men.... if a discussion is not going your way, just ignore it and DON'T let the post effect your blood pressure. Life is too short.

Now, I'll leave you all to continue this discussion ..... I'm headed for the range

I call these folks " key board warriors " becareful what you type...you may see the person at a rally on at another event and someone may want to cash the check.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I call these folks " key board warriors " becareful what you type...you may see the person at a rally on at another event and someone may want to cash the check.....
    LOL, yup keyboard commandos, easy to be brave when you are sittin in your jammies, sippin tea, watchin Springer, behind your monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    What you don't get Jaygo is that if you outlaw guns , only the outlaws will have guns. Guns have been banned in London for years yet they have one of the highest rates of gun violence of any city in the world. I think it should be a law that every law abiding competent citizen shall own and be proficient with a handgun. Jeff Cooper always said that an armed society is a polite society. For over 30 years I have carried on a daily basis. Basically if I have my pants on there is a 45 somewhere on me. I'm not bragging. I'm not proud of it. No one knows it except my family and a small circle of my closest friends. Believe me the circle is small. I don't talk about it and I have only had to take it out once. I refuse to be a victim and I will protect my loved ones. It's not for offense it's for defense. And I practice , I do drills , I still compete occasionally. I'm no expert , I have worked at being proficient with a handgun for over 40 years. When I was a kid I used to squirrel hunt with a handgun. Nowadays I keep the Groundhogs thinned out with various 45's. I hit what I aim at. All I can say is get you a gun and practice. It might come in handy one day. The groundhog population is spreading.
    Not sure where you are going with the jaygo thing, if it's supposed to be a slur it's more juvenile then anything else. As to your false claim about London I see that it was already addressed. Finally I have held a CCW permit in Indiana for over 35 years so don't mistake me for a shirking violet while you are boasting about being mr handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    NO unregulated access for fully automatic, you have to have a class 3 license and that's not real easy.
    Semi automatic, yes those are common I have several hunting rifles that are semi.
    However, again with cash you can own anything you want.
    There is no law or gun control policy you can put in place that will address or control a criminal or nut job.
    However, on the other side of the coin if every one was qualified and carried, those criminals and nut jobs wouldn't get very far!
    We have become a PC society where the police are even ridiculed and harassed for shooting an attacking suspect, thus making them ineffective.

Further. On soap box now. No matter the subject, as in the case of this one being debated on an open forum I have seen several lately that touch on the edges of politics and become heated and on the verge of personal attacks. while we are all passionate about some subject matters remember there aint nuttin personal! Try not to get butt hurt if you express your opinion and get your ass handed to you on a platter. Enjoy the ride and reading the posts when you cant. I not a mod, just my opinion. but some folks just take shit way too hard.

Maybe you have not seen this product to me that essentially legally converts your standard AR15 into a fully automatic AR15. Hell even Cabellas is carrying them now.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Slide...ck/1403492.uts
    Slide Fire™ AR-15 Stock

• Increases your rifle’s rate of fire
    • Safe, legal and fun
    • Works on most AR-15s
    • Right- and left-hand stocks available

Maximize your fun with this safe and innovative AR-15 stock, which uses bump-fire technology to shoot as quickly as desired. The rugged, weatherproof stock is made of high-strength, reinforced polymer, delivering a lifetime of rapid-firing fun. Designed for use on AR-15s that are equipped with carbine-style buffer assemblies and mil-spec or commercial buffer tubes. This stock is approved by the BATFE and does not require any special permits to use. Quick, easy installation with no permanent modifications necessary. Includes stock mounting hardware, interface block/nut retainer, hex key and instructions. Made in USA.
    Available: Right hand, Left hand.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE

Time to put this one to
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Just thought I'd add this for those who are interested in the stats

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...hip-world-list

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Just thought I'd add this for those who are interested in the stats

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...hip-world-list
    OK, I was going to let this sleeping dog lie, but after reading your link I need to respond to this. Taken directly from your link

"The key facts are:

• The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
    • But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
    • Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

The full data is below - what can you do with it?"

For having the highest amount of gun ownership in the world by a large margin, a firearm murder rate of 2.97 people per 100,000 is pretty damn good! I don't pretend to know much about Puerto Rico, Africa, and Nevis' gun laws, but I imagine they are not that strict. You argue for stricter gun control and less guns, but if, as you say, more guns = more deaths, shouldn't the US top both categories?!? According to your source the US is 28th in the world for firearm deaths and we have 33 more guns per 100 people than any other nation!!! The fact is, our gun control in the US is sufficient, again 2.97 deaths for every 100,000 people and we have 270 MILLION firearms.

England only has 6.2 firearms per 100 people, and getting a handgun is difficult. Would their firearm deaths increase if it became easier to obtain a gun? Probably. But at a difference of only 2.9 more deaths in the US vs. the UK, I'd prefer to live in a country that recognizes MY OWN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to arm and protect myself and family.

Take a look at the countries ahead of the US in % of firearm homicides. Italy, Brazil, Switzerland (and the Swiss always seemed so peaceful). As I said in my earlier post, data and stats are what you make of them----as your website said "the full data is below - what can you do with it?"

I'm failing to see how this link has supported your position.....