Motorcycle Safety Foundation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Speak up if you are now, or have ever been certified by the MSF.

had the pleasure to do my course in spring '11. good fun weekend, must do for beginners

To legally ride a motorcycle in Rhode Island, state law requires successful completion of a Motorcycle Rider Safety Course. Anyone seeking to obtain a motorcycle license must successfully complete a 16.5 hour training program. This program is comprised of two lectures, a 3.5 hour session and a 3 hour session. In addition students must successfully complete two 5 hour riding ranges. CCRI provides all training motorcycles, and there are several helmets on loan at each facility.

It is illegal in Rhode Island to ride a motorcycle without a motorcycle license or permit: DO NOT ride your motorcycle to classes or ranges.

When i got my licence about ten years ago. before that i rode without a license

Quote Originally Posted by badpapi View Post
    To legally ride a motorcycle in Rhode Island, state law requires successful completion of a Motorcycle Rider Safety Course. Anyone seeking to obtain a motorcycle license must successfully complete a 16.5 hour training program. This program is comprised of two lectures, a 3.5 hour session and a 3 hour session. In addition students must successfully complete two 5 hour riding ranges. CCRI provides all training motorcycles, and there are several helmets on loan at each facility.

It is illegal in Rhode Island to ride a motorcycle without a motorcycle license or permit: DO NOT ride your motorcycle to classes or ranges.

When i got my licence about ten years ago. before that i rode without a license
    i also almost rode my bike to the class . lol

Did my MSF Basic Course in Las Vegas - 1997.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Past USAF MSF instructor. Was checking into recert last year but too busy.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Did it in 2008.

I work as an Authorized Testing Officer and instructor , which is probably the same as your MSF. In Australia you must complete a learners course and assessment, to get your MC learner permit and another course and assessment, after more than 3 months of holding that permit, to get your full MC license. We also have what is called a LAMs system ( Learner Approved Motorcycles ) This a comprehensive list of m/cycles that are no more the 660cc and meet power to weight ratios. After getting your learners permit or full MC license , you cannot ride any MC not on the LAMs list, for the first 3 years. After that you can ride what you like.

basic course circa 1991 when I got back into motorcycling after a brief hiatus. Was amazed to learn so much that I didn't know. Took the experienced rider half day course in 2009.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Took the NMSF course twice! 1987 and again in 2006! Pennsylvania offers the course free. You need the $5.00 Learners Permit (may be more now).

No matter what your think you know about cycle riding, the course leaves you a better rider