Is The Climate changing , or not ? - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is The Climate changing , or not ?

NOAA

NOAA's U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been 'adjusting' its record by replacing real temperatures with data 'fabricated' by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data."

Goddard compared the most recently published graphs with "those based only on temperatures measured at the time." He concludes: "The U.S. has actually been cooling since the '30s, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on 'fabricated' data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century."

Department of Defense spying and lying about it

The U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), part of the Department of Defense, has denied operating surveillance drones in two different states, issuing statements that have been proven to be completely false.

Headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida, USSOCOM is the Unified Combatant Command charged with overseeing the various Special Operations Commands of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps.

Following our publication last week of a*map of current and proposed Department of Defense drone activities within the U.S., several journalists with local publications around the country wrote articles regarding drone activities that were listed in their area.* David Brooks of the Nashua Telegraph*wrote about the listing of New Hampshire’s Mt. Washington as the site of a USSOCOM drone activity*involving small unmanned aerial vehicles including the Raven and Wasp.* Corey Pein of the Willamette Week*wrote about a planned USSOCOM drone activity in Portland*that was listed as utilizing the same types of drones.

If they lie about spying on their own citizens and only admitting it when they get caught can we believe anything they say?

Antarctic ice shelves not melting at all, new field data show

Twenty-year-old models which have suggested serious ice loss in the eastern Antarctic have been compared with reality for the first time – and found to be wrong, so much so that it now appears that no ice is being lost at all.

“Previous ocean models … have predicted temperatures and melt rates that are too high, suggesting a significant mass loss in this region that is actually not taking place,” says Tore Hattermann of the Norwegian Polar Institute, member of a team which has obtained two years’ worth of direct measurements below the massive Fimbul Ice Shelf in eastern Antarctica – the first ever to be taken.

According to a statement from the American Geophysical Union, announcing the new research:

It turns out that past studies, which were based on computer models without any direct data for comparison or guidance, overestimate the water temperatures and extent of melting beneath the Fimbul Ice Shelf. This has led to the misconception, Hattermann said, that the ice shelf is losing mass at a faster rate than it is gaining mass, leading to an overall loss of mass.

The team’s results show that water temperatures are far lower than computer models predicted …

Hatterman and his colleagues, using 12 tons of hot-water drilling equipment, bored three holes more than 200m deep through the Fimbul Shelf, which spans an area roughly twice the size of New Jersey. The location of each hole was cunningly chosen so that the various pathways by which water moves beneath the ice shelf could be observed, and instruments were lowered down.

67% percent of California under drought

Typically, at high pool, that tire reef is under 30 feet of water, [or] 35 feet of water," says Rowe.

But the water level is now more than 40 vertical feet below normal.

The drought is not solely responsible for that dramatic drop: Problems with the dam forced the water level down about 25 feet in 2005. The drought is responsible for the remainder.

That receding water level has also revealed at least eight sunken, and forgotten, boats.

"All of the boats we're finding," Rowe says, are "well over 12 years old," and they likely went unreported at the time of sinking.

California's long-term drought has significantly dropped the water level at Lake Perris in Southern California. According to local fishermen, all of this sand used to be covered in water.

The U.S. Drought Monitor reports that more than 67 percent of California is experiencing "extreme drought." Only the tiniest sliver of the state has escaped the ongoing drought conditions.

I hope those polar ice caps melt very quickly, California needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    New York City Could See Up To Six Feet Of Sea Level Rise This Century: Report

Climate change is already impacting New York City with rising temperatures and sea levels, which will only worsen as the century continues, according to a report released Tuesday from a panel of scientific experts. ~~~~

Sea level rise, however, may pose an even greater challenge for coastal New York. Average sea levels have risen about 1.2 inches per decade in the city since 1900, or about 1.1 feet overall, according to the new report. This is almost twice the average global rate of 0.5 to 0.7 inches per decade.

This trend is expected to accelerate in the coming decades as greenhouse gas emissions generated by human activity continue to trap more of the sun's heat, warming and expanding the oceans and melting land-based glaciers and ice caps, among other contributions.

“The task at hand is daunting -- and that is why we’re making an unprecedented commitment, with a sweeping plan to reduce emissions 80 percent by 2050, and a comprehensive, multi-layered resiliency plan that is already making neighborhoods safer," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a press statement.

The report's authors project sea levels around New York City will rise 11 to 21 inches by the middle of the century, 18 to 39 inches by the 2080s, and up to 6 feet by 2100. The researchers noted that their projections are specific to New York City, but "projections based on similar methods would not differ greatly throughout the coastal corridor from Boston to Washington, D.C."

"It is virtually certain that sea level rise alone will lead to an increased frequency and intensity of coastal flooding as the century progresses," they wrote. If sea levels rise to the higher end of current projections, twice as much of New York City will lie within the 100-year flood plain in 2100, as compared to 2013.

And from the "Real Science" website .... (https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com)

Climate Criminals Hurt Real People

Posted on February 20, 2015 by stevengoddard
    Frank Cook | February 15, 2015 at 7:03 pm
    In 1986 I owned a house right on the beach (Long Island Sound). The foundation of the house was approximately 12 feet above the mean high tide level. In that year I had to make a decision to sell that house or another house not on the coast. My decision was “informed” by “scientific” predictions of impending sea-level rise which would cause disastrous consequences on our coastline over the next 30 or 40 years (for example, see http://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/18/sc...s-certain.html ). So I sold the beach house. Hansen’s widely-reported 1988 or ’89 claims about massive problems expected to hit NYC due to sea-level rise over about that same period appeared to justify the concerns that led to my decision to sell the house.

Well, it’s almost 30 years since then, and the foundation of that house is still approximately 12 feet above the mean high tide level. I have been deprived of the enjoyment of that property over the last 30 years because I foolishly believed that there was a valid scientific basis rather than a political basis to those claims about impending sea-level rise.

Who is going to compensate me for the damage that was done to my life?

People such as Hansen line their pockets with alarmist cash while making pronouncements that are false. In any other line of work people would go to jail for such deceit."""

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

I apologize
    Attached Images Attached Images

To all those who have had enough snow this season raise your hand!

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Intersting read Jay.I don't post much to these type topics because like religion many people don't want to hear facts.Make believe is just that make believe.At the rate the polar ice fields are melting I may be alive still when our friends in Florida and New York are under water.I love when people say heck its cold this winter so where is the Global warming?They just don't get it as said Super storms will increase with time and it will be a huge hit to our already fragile economy.I guess the only good thing is with the destruction of communitys constuction will prosper.I believe in science not fables in books from thousands of years ago.Ride safe all.
    I think most reasonable people understand that climate change is real but there is real disagreement on what the impact on us will be.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-low-priority/

Polls show most Americans believe in climate change, but give it low priority.......................................... ..................... In the U.S., a solid majority believe there is evidence that global warming is happening, but they do not rank global climate change as one of the top threats facing the country.

Last month, nearly half of Americans (48%) rated global climate change as a major threat — well behind concerns such as the militant group ISIS (67%), Iran’s nuclear program (59%) and North Korea’s nuclear program (57%). In an international survey of 39 publics last year, Americans were among the least concerned about climate change threatening their country.

Here is an interesting read about American attitudes from the Washington post.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g-in-8-charts/
    JAYGO

Pew Research

"Pew's tactics have become bitterly controversial in North America," asserted the*West Highland*(Scotland)*Free Press. "They have adopted a philosophy of paying for research and journalism out of their bottomless resources in order to influence public opinion towards the causes to which they are committed."

The "national media mugging of the salmon farming industry stemmed not from any impartial, unsullied source, but from an organization with an agenda," summarized the*Free Press*in a separate editorial. "Their record stands rather on the wildest extremes of the environmentalist movement. Pew's lavish amounts of money are used not for impartial scientific inquiry but to further the aims of that movement."

"The salmon scare which threatened last weekend to bring British salmon farming to its knees," noted the *London Times, "is a sorry saga of flawed science, selective research and hidden commercial bias. That it was allowed into the pages of the apparently respectable journal*Science*is inexplicable. Its worldwide promotion by an organization with a vested interest in undermining farmed Atlantic salmon in favor of the wild Alaskan variety is a scandal."

Flawed Science, selective research for hidden commercial bias, I know I've heard somewhere before...wait it'll come to me, wait...

Got it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Has The U.N. Admitted That Climate Change Is A Hoax? (4 days ago)

U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Warming Scare

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

"This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.