Insurance pricing - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance pricing

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I find it hard to believe that anyone with an accident on their record and going with Allstate is getting insurance for under $300 per year.
    I have Allstate.
    I have no accidents or tickets and my credit is exceptional(something all insurance companies use as a major part of setting rates)
    I have full coverage with $500 deductible and mine is over $500/year.
    The original poster never says the particulars of his coverage.
    Is it covered under "home owner" policy or vehicle policy?
    What deductible?
    Full coverage?
    I am not calling anyone a liar,I am just wanting more info to compare apples to apples.
    Something just doesn't sound correct.
    Sure sounds like you are calling me a liar but you know what? I don't care what you think. I was just making a comment. Why don't you post what your coverage is and we can go from there. I have been buying insurance for almost 40 years and I feel I know what I am doing.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

As I posted in an earlier thread...Insurance is a very "hot and debatable subject as each state has its own laws and requirements...It is almost, if not totally, impossible to find two people on this board with the exact same insurance premiums period!!...Buy what your comfortable with and "pay the piper" as they say and hope all goes well with no accidents or tickets...BTW..I seriously doubt anyone is intentionally calling anyone a "liar", just stating what they have in their bag!!....Ride safe...

Here is why no two quotes will be the same. Insurance companies use the following, and more - to rate an automobile / motorcycle insurance policy:

Your driving record, and of others in the household, zip code and sub-zip code, if you rent or own your home, if you have a motorcycle endorsement, if you have take a driver safety class, years driving a motorcycle, age, credit score, insurance score - (cancellations, lapse), occupation, claims - (at fault, not at fault, comprehensive), education level, the vehicles' history - (accidents, salvage title, etc), length of time insured with current company, state laws for where you live, catastrophic claim experience of the company.......on and on.

If you guessed that I have been an insurance agent, you would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RLatt View Post
    Here is why no two quotes will be the same. Insurance companies use the following, and more - to rate an automobile / motorcycle insurance policy:

Your driving record, and of others in the household, zip code and sub-zip code, if you rent or own your home, if you have a motorcycle endorsement, if you have take a driver safety class, years driving a motorcycle, age, credit score, insurance score - (cancellations, lapse), occupation, claims - (at fault, not at fault, comprehensive), education level, the vehicles' history - (accidents, salvage title, etc), length of time insured with current company, state laws for where you live, catastrophic claim experience of the company.......on and on.

+1 and thanks for the correct info.......

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    +1 and thanks for the correct info.......
    You are welcome. And, I totally agree with what you stated earlier in this thread about ObamaCare. It will prove to be one of the worst laws in the history of this country. We have yet to see the extent of the damage to our economy and society, that it will cause.

Zeus,
    Take it any way you like.
    I am not calling you a liar.
    I am just amazed that we have the same insurance company and the price is so much different.
    Because of this I am calling my agent Monday.
    I want to hear his explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    What kind of coverage? I think I'm getting bent over.
    $50,000 each person/$100,000 per accident under/uninsured motorist---same figures for libility-- $3000 in accessory coverage--$100 towing--$500 deductible on the collision.

BTW--- I have learned a LOT about the "internet" companies the hard way. I WILL NEVER PAY A PENNY TO THE LIZZARD COMPANY!!!!!! If you are their client, they will take care of you. If one of their clients hits you and they are at fault, they are quick to take care of your damaged vehicle. HOWEVER-----If their client hits you and you go to the hospital, you better get a team of lawyers. I will just keep it at that.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RLatt View Post

Where you live makes a ton of difference. I have friends up north in Mass and they pay more on their car insurance than their car is worth over a 2 year period. The comment about Jacksonville, Fl is true also as well as a persons driving record.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    Guys I went from 800 for two bikes full coverage to 450 for the same coverage from Allstate. I had allied before. 450 is not bad for my 9 and my B.

shooter
    Oh and I haven't read the whole thread but your credit rating plays a big part in your premium.