Bike Cover

Thread: Bike Cover

Bike Cover

Purchased the Honda F6B bike cover from Wingstuff and am not very impressed. Material seems like it will do more damage to finish than it would protect. Seams are unimpressive and it's very tight on bike. Two sheets sewn together will probably do a better job.

Honda OEM cover for the garage.
    EZ Touring Cover while traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Honda OEM cover for the garage.
    EZ Touring Cover while traveling.
    It is Hondas cover

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    It is Hondas cover
    Wow!!
    I wonder if there are different covers for the F6B?
    The Honda OEM cover that I have is very well done, fits perfectly and the inside has nothing that feels like it would harm the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Wow!!
    I wonder if there are different covers for the F6B?
    The Honda OEM cover that I have is very well done, fits perfectly and the inside has nothing that feels like it would harm the paint.
    Maybe it won't but with all the paint complaints I would think they would have the whole cover layered with the material that's where the windshield is. My Harley cover is two different materials with the inner part being very soft like micro fiber. I assumed all OEM covers would have that but I should know better about assuming

I have the factory Honda Cover also , i only used it once and it seemed very tight also. I guess its good for long term storage, but not for a quick on and off- just my $.02
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

My $0.02

The F6B cover is perfect for bone stock, maybe with the taller windshield and flat rack also.
    As soon as I added the passenger backrest it starts to lose it's value and heaven forbid you actually have a bag or any kind of a trunk on the rack it is pointless. Love the little flap for the antenna, but I remove the antenna so it will not be pinched. Like that you can unzip the part over the saddlebags to get in them without removing the cover too.

I spent the princely sum of $23.76CDN for an aftermarket nylon cover that folds down to almost nothing and will only use the F6B cover for winter storage, too small, too heavy, too bulk to carry along.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Purchased the Honda F6B bike cover from Wingstuff and am not very impressed. Material seems like it will do more damage to finish than it would protect. Seams are unimpressive and it's very tight on bike. Two sheets sewn together will probably do a better job.
    I have the guardian cover. Bought it for my vtx1800 but is made to fit GW.Fits great ! Elastic all the way around bottom and a strap to secure in weather. Waterproof and vented.

Ok third attempt at a cover for f6 that doesn't scratch the hi heaven's out of motorcycle.
    So far so good ultra soft microfiber material fit is best so far packs small will update on the rain efficiency and if it is non abrasive. Fingers crossed that I have a winner.
    Also have a madstad windshield , mp3 cargo rack, and helibars
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ium-half-cover
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]