Why did you choose the F6B?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did you choose the F6B?

Why did you choose the F6B?

I am wanting to get a Sport Tourer and I can not decide between the FJR 1300, Triumph Trophy or the F6B. If I got the F6B it would probably be the 2015 because of the cruise control. If anyone has any experience with the other two would you let me know why you went with the F6B.

Thanks,
    Chris

I test rode the FJR and it's heavy on the SPORT side of sport-tourer. The F6B is heavy on the TOUR side, so it will be up to you to decide which is more important. I enjoy the comfort of the Wing platform.

I chose the F6B because it has great power, excellent handling and was comfortable. I also like the looks and nothing came close to the features at the $15K price point I bought mine at. I wouldn't classify the F6B as a Sport Tourer though. If that's what you're looking for you might not be happy with the F6B. It's a long distance tourer, just like a Goldwing without a trunk.

I bought mine because I always told myself that if Honda ever built an 1800CC fuel injected Valkyrie I would get one. When I saw the F6B and test rode it I was hooked, the day I picked it up I saw a photo of the new Valk but by then the deal was made, it didn't matter though because I prefer the F6B over the new Valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I test rode the FJR and it's heavy on the SPORT side of sport-tourer. The F6B is heavy on the TOUR side, so it will be up to you to decide which is more important. I enjoy the comfort of the Wing platform.

No way the F6B is in the Sport-Tour category, although I am surprised at how well it handles...

They're all good bikes. Read a lot of good things about the Triumph, just not impressed with the styling...

I already have a Sport bike, so for me, I felt the polarity of the F6B made more sense.

It's comfortable, stable, powerful, smooth and quiet. It does most of the work for you! I get a lot of thinking done while I'm riding.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Sport Tourer

There are so many darrned iterations of bikes now and overlapping segments that I am not convinced anyone can really well define something that doesn't quite fit anywhere. It is defined by the company that manufacturers it as a cruiser and a tourer.

For my 240 lb carcass the FJR's of the world and the Concours's felt way to small and my little lady looked at me with disbelieving eyes when I explained that in a pinch you should be able to go coast to coast on the things.

However, like the storey of goldilocks and the three bears some bikes were just to big (comfortable no doubt) and some bikes were just to uncomfortable, but this damned F6B is just right.

So back to the original post.....why did I choose it?.....it is the biggest darrned ass sport tourer I could find.

LOL

tink

Yeah, I understand that the F6B is more of a tourer than a sport tourer but I know that it is pretty sporty none the less. I have always liked the FJR and for the price you can't beat them but the looks of the F6B are pretty cool. A few years ago my wife and I flew out to California to visit a friend. While there we rented a Gold Wing and rode up the PCH, not all the way but a good day ride. I liked how the Wing rode but haven't decided I'm old enough for one, yet. However, the F6B is a different beast all together.

Here's a little back ground. I started out on sport bikes and then one day thought I was getting too old for them. Then I had a few cruisers but missed the performance of the sport bikes but not how uncomfortable they are. Now I have a Yamaha Super Tenere and like it for the most part but it has a vibration that I just don't like.

Knowing how comfortable and smooth the Gold Wings are is what has me thinking about the F6B.

On the other hand, the thing I like about the Triumph is that it fits almost perfectly between the F6B and the FJR. However, I have heard about a lot of problems with them and that has me concerned about their reliability.

I think I would really like the F6B because it rides like a cruiser (comfortable) with a lot more performance. I'm just not sure about paying that much for one. Don't get me wrong, I do't mind paying more if I know I will keep it and like it.

Oh well what to do. Thanks for everyones input, so far.

Chris

I bought it cause I could, mostly on impulse, looked more comfortable than my Kawi C14, and I owned a 2009 Wing which was very nice but the wife get falling asleep on it. All black styling was cool and it would out perform my buds that ride HDs.

Do we need a reason to buy a different bike?

Way less costly than a divorce

I have always enjoyed the sport tourer line line I have a down Concours, I liked( frigging carbureters got me beat for now0 I have and still ride my CBR1000F which is in excellent shape,very fast and I wont part with it.
    Then I saw the F6B. I already knew the Gold Wing story but didn't want "all that stuff" on my bike. This is perfect.
    I bought it and I love it. Comfortable for long range ,enough Torque to impress at any speed or gear. Handles amazing once it is moving(have to be careful where you park-reverse would be a handy thing) but all in all,this is a great bike.It does everything I wish for and does it very well. Canyon roads,no problem,highway running a breeze.Need a quick increase in MPH,roll it on ! no problem,
    It wont outrun my Hurricane on top end but when I need that,I have the Hurricane...Life is excellent !!
    Sporty,Long range comfort and drop dead gorgeous and maybe I dont need the speed of my 'cane as much....evry now and then I remember that I am 65

It came down to the F6B, Triumph Thunderbird and FJR. Been on Harley's for a long time with a few others over the last 15 years. It came to FJR & B model because the wife rides a lot with me and the Thunderbird was too "basic" considering lots of choices for the money. One of her favorite bikes was a Valkyrie Interstate I had. Loved the drive train but it was way top heavy especially when she was back there and the brakes left a lot to be desired (1999 model). Honda fixed those issues for me and made the F6B where I can afford it.

Case closed.