New Member + new 2015 matte silver - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member + new 2015 matte silver

HOWDY FROM TEXAS!!!!!! greatest country on God`s green earth

Greetings to the site from another member of the Commonwealth! There's a smattering of us on this board. Great people, great advice and great fun. Enjoy the new ride when you get your hands on it!

I'd get you one Bry, but you would never let me ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Welcome..

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the board. The are just a few of us from the UK. I take it you were in the Paras! I served 12 years in the Royal Armoured Corps. This is a great place to hang out, and everyone has a good laugh...mostly.

Attachment 18482 Attachment 18483
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

, Jim, from NC
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thank you all

Sorry boys if i don't answer directly to everyone but I'll give it a go!

That jet/ busa is a beast

Good to hear from fellow vets from wherever you are, yes mate ex-2 para [AIRBORNE for my American friends], is that a MBT?

Stay warm this weekend America and Canada. you've got some nasty weather afoot, it seems

Thanks again for the tips everyone.

Been waiting for my bike for 2 weeks now, getting impatient!

Serving

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-oz View Post
    Sorry boys if i don't answer directly to everyone but I'll give it a go!

That jet/ busa is a beast

Good to hear from fellow vets from wherever you are, yes mate ex-2 para [AIRBORNE for my American friends], is that a MBT?

Stay warm this weekend America and Canada. you've got some nasty weather afoot, it seems

Thanks again for the tips everyone.

Been waiting for my bike for 2 weeks now, getting impatient!
    Hi Jim,

I understand how waiting for your new bike is a killer, I had to wait almost a year for my Trike conversation to be finished! Yip that's my Challenger 1 in action during Op Granby "Desert Storm" for my American friends. Our paths probably crossed either in Northern Ireland or in Germany. Two tours in NI 83/84 & in 1990, maybe in Ballykinler?

All the very best mate.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase of the fairest of the F6B's. I understand your impatience, I had to wait a while on mine as well. I am impatiently waiting on the 50 and 60 degree weather that is coming next weekend. For the matte silver I use a kit I found on the internet called Doc Beasley's. It is pricey, but it makes the paint look showroom new.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on your purchase of the fairest of the F6B's. I understand your impatience, I had to wait a while on mine as well. I am impatiently waiting on the 50 and 60 degree weather that is coming next weekend. For the matte silver I use a kit I found on the internet called Doc Beasley's. It is pricey, but it makes the paint look showroom new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Hi Jim,

I understand how waiting for your new bike is a killer, I had to wait almost a year for my Trike conversation to be finished! Yip that's my Challenger 1 in action during Op Granby "Desert Storm" for my American friends. Our paths probably crossed either in Northern Ireland or in Germany. Two tours in NI 83/84 & in 1990, maybe in Ballykinler?

All the very best mate.
    Thanks for the info okiedoc. yep seen and read about it and taken it on board i will probably go that route although Mercedes says no sealants on matte paint- very confusing, car companies say no, sellers say need to!. Waiting is a pain in the proverbial!

Paul, yes NI-XMG,74- NEW LODGE, 75. Apart from an exercise with 1 PARA for a couple of months out of Berlin no posting in Germany. So you converted to a trike, Ive seen a couple here in aus and heard about some on this site, i image F6B.S would be a rare sight in the UK let alone a trike version, not great riding weather in Scotland at the moment but worse for our American and Canadian friends right now, Enjoying the bike, any problems?

Great shot from the desert mate.

Cheers Mate

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-oz View Post
    Thanks for the info okiedoc. yep seen and read about it and taken it on board i will probably go that route although Mercedes says no sealants on matte paint- very confusing, car companies say no, sellers say need to!. Waiting is a pain in the proverbial!

Paul, yes NI-XMG,74- NEW LODGE, 75. Apart from an exercise with 1 PARA for a couple of months out of Berlin no posting in Germany. So you converted to a trike, Ive seen a couple here in aus and heard about some on this site, i image F6B.S would be a rare sight in the UK let alone a trike version, not great riding weather in Scotland at the moment but worse for our American and Canadian friends right now, Enjoying the bike, any problems?

Great shot from the desert mate.

Cheers Mate
    Thanks Jim,

Proud to serve my country, at home and abroad I had to have my B converted as I'm a Disabled Rider. I had a bike accident in 2001 which left me paralysed from the chest down. After 4 years in the chair I decided to get back on the road. I had a Rune, and now a gorgeous F6B...

All the best mate.