Traxxion "Mega-Monty" - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Traxxion "Mega-Monty"

Going for it

Decided to get this all done; just before the Rally...

Remove/replace forks (labor) $100
    Service forks/install AK20s (labor) $200
    Traxx-Rite Triple Clamp install (labor) $150
    Seals $50
    Bushings $60 - if needed
    AK20s Cartridge Kit $999.95
    Traxx-Rite Triple Clamp (includes All Balls Stem bearings) $499.00

I really don't think I need that Traxxion rear shock at this time. Optional later possibly. Same as with their Fork Brace. I think that installing a Fork Brace in conjunction with their Traxx-Rite Triple Tree clamp may be overkill... we'll see.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Oh yeah....I did bend the one in the showroom.....

The whole Mega-Monty at Traxxion in GA was $3k. Same as cash over 3 months, so 4 payments. Initial, plus 3.
    Go big or go home!

Caskets don't come with trailers.....

Cheers,
    Steve
    Between the Helibars and the fork brace and now the All Balls tapered bearings, plus the Progressive monotubes, the front end is tight.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Decided to get this all done; just before the Rally...

Remove/replace forks (labor) $100
    Service forks/install AK20s (labor) $200
    Traxx-Rite Triple Clamp install (labor) $150
    Seals $50
    Bushings $60 - if needed
    AK20s Cartridge Kit $999.95
    Traxx-Rite Triple Clamp (includes All Balls Stem bearings) $499.00

I really don't think I need that Traxxion rear shock at this time. Optional later possibly. Same as with their Fork Brace. I think that installing a Fork Brace in conjunction with their Traxx-Rite Triple Tree clamp may be overkill... we'll see.
    Okay, my wallet is opening. I think this is the answer for me. I am not an aggressive rider but I would like a better front end setup for my riding.
    Thanks for the info and break-down.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    .....same as with their Fork Brace. I think that installing a Fork Brace in conjunction with their Traxx-Rite Triple Tree clamp may be overkill... we'll see.
    If you have support at both ends.....how can support in the middle be overkill?

JimmyT has the fork brace and the Helibars up top giving him support at all three points.
    Basic "Statics" tells me that keeping two tubes in alignment with each other requires support at the ends and in the middle.
    Add some dynamic flex and the requirement is fairly obvious.

But, as Opas wrote, to each his own. Ride safe!

Hate To Dig Out An Old Thread

Every year when I put my bike up for the winter I plan a "project" for the bike to be done by Spring. I was able to cajole a set of PIAA lights as a Christmas present so I can scratch that one off the list.

The last item I have on my list is the Traxxion Triple Clamp. This thread has a really good discussion of Traxxion (I have the Full Monty) but I still have two questions. I have the Traxxion Fork Brace and Helibars giving the front end three points of attachment (plus All Balls). Will the Triple Clamp make any improvement over this combination?

Secondly, what brand(s) of time tires work best with Traxxion? I am considering Avon Cobras next summer.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me with F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    Every year when I put my bike up for the winter I plan a "project" for the bike to be done by Spring. I was able to cajole a set of PIAA lights as a Christmas present so I can scratch that one off the list.

The last item I have on my list is the Traxxion Triple Clamp. This thread has a really good discussion of Traxxion (I have the Full Monty) but I still have two questions. I have the Traxxion Fork Brace and Helibars giving the front end three points of attachment (plus All Balls). Will the Triple Clamp make any improvement over this combination?

Secondly, what brand(s) of time tires work best with Traxxion? I am considering Avon Cobras next summer.

FWIW, Traxxion told me their lower triple tree clamp yielded 95% of the improvement and that most riders would not notice the top triple tree clamp. I already had their fork brace and then added the Mega Monty (minus the top triple tree clamp). I do not have Helibars or the Texelent bars on top.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post

IMHO , I don't think there would be much to gain by adding the Traxxion triple clamp with having the Helibars and the fork brace already. Undoubtedly, if you didn't have the Helibars, the Traxxion tree would be a noticeable difference, but I have the Superbrace, the Helibars, All Balls bearings and the Progressive Monotube Cartridges and my front end is solid. Compare the OEM tree to the Traxxion tree and there is no real comparison. However, with the Helibars and brace, I think they more than compensate for the OEM tree
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

FWIW, it looks like Traxxion has ordered a GL1833 and will be tearing it apart as soon as they get their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    IMHO , I don't think there would be much to gain by adding the Traxxion triple clamp with having the Helibars and the fork brace already. Undoubtedly, if you didn't have the Helibars, the Traxxion tree would be a noticeable difference, but I have the Superbrace, the Helibars, All Balls bearings and the Progressive Monotube Cartridges and my front end is solid. Compare the OEM tree to the Traxxion tree and there is no real comparison. However, with the Helibars and brace, I think they more than compensate for the OEM tree
    Thanks. That is pretty much what I'm thinking.