Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
I installed a 195/60R16 89V Kumho Ecsta PA31 three months and a few thousand miles ago and I'm really liking it so far. On my first morning riding to work with it I nearly forgot I'd went back to the darkside in the first 10 minutes of the ride. The handling is much closer to a bike tire than any CT I ran on my Valk in the 123,000 I put on her. I think it maybe just a tad taller than stock since it goes on the centerstand easier but the speedometer is still right with my GPS so it's not much taller.

Traction seems equal to the old Avon Chrome and I've noticed no difference in the rain. 195 60R16 89V Kumho Ecsta PA31.jpg195 60R16 89V Kumho Ecsta PA31 on bike.jpg
I owned a 98 Valk for 12 years and was just about to go over 100k when I sold it. It was my first try at the Darkside. I ran a Goodyear TT and when I think back to it it did not handle all that great compared to the Darkside tire I have had on my Wings.
I rode about 100 miles between rain storms yesterday and today on the Yokohama and it compares favorably to all the CTs I have tried. It was very good in the rain yesterday! I will be leaving Ocala Fl sometime later this month to ride to upstate NY. I'm glad I got a new tire on and I also replaced the front tire with the OEM Bridgestone.