there goes the neighborhood - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: there goes the neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Being Proactive is the only choice one can make when it comes to the security and safety of ones family. Anyone that does not realize this is truly out of touch. LE cannot protect you from the bad guys. They can only clean up in the aftermath. And if you think a mere commoner can't be proficient with a handgun come to my gun club some Saturday and watch myself and dozens of my friends shoot an IDPA match. It is truly awe inspiring.
    I am truly out of touch with the American way of thinking.
    Your country and mine are so different in terms of attitudes towards the poor, the sick, and the right to own weapons.
    If you were to give a handgun to any person I know, they would say "no thanks, why would I want or need that?" And it is legal, but a very tedious process, to own a handgun here.
    I feel very lucky that I live in a country where I don't need to own a weapon to feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I am truly out of touch with the American way of thinking.
    Your country and mine are so different in terms of attitudes towards the poor, the sick, and the right to own weapons.
    If you were to give a handgun to any person I know, they would so "no thanks, why would I want or need that?" And it is legal, but a very tedious process, to own a handgun here.
    I feel very lucky that I live in a country where I don't need to own a weapon to feel safe.
    And that, my snow-bound friend, is the difference. I can fully appreciate your perspective.
    I can also say that I am as out of touch with your culture, with regards to weapons, as you are with mine.
    My background is different than most - I have been to many countries and experienced many different cultural "norms" regarding everything from weapons, to treatment of women, to a linear approach to respect rather than earned, and most recently, the complete disrespect for human life by ISIS.
    And that leads me to this statement: NO ONE is completely safe. (Except perhaps people living north of the Arctic Circle.)

Don't let life take you where your brain hasn't already been for at least 15 minutes.
    Cheers.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    NO ONE is completely safe. (Except perhaps people living north of the Arctic Circle.)

That is the one place where I would want to have a handgun.

Wolf packs and polar bears put way more fear into me than any human being would at that latitude.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    That is the one place where I would want to have a handgun.

Wolf packs and polar bears put way more fear into me than any human being would at that latitude.
    LOL. Save the last bullet for yourself, 'cause you won't get them all!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Since handguns have been brought into this I will say I do own one and I do carry it...my belief is the same as many if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns...now I'm not quite as young and sprite as I once was and it is my duty and mine alone to protect my family...and I will protect them I promise you
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

First of all it's not a disease and I don't buy that psycho-babble. Words mean things and when you tag it as a disease it means you have no control over it, you do. You're just not ready to be unselfish, responsible and assimilate into a community as a member.Tapping someone with a Freudian Wand and telling them it's a disease does not help the problem, and it is a problem especially when these facilities move next to you. For those of you touting the great success of these places call them up and offer your home to the them, but you probably won't. The reason why they're there is because their own families don't even want them so they locate them next to yours. So come down off your soap boxes and stop cheerleading putting waste stations in residential neighborhoods. There are plenty of vacant military facilities, municipal buildings, hospitals and various other locations away from any possible temptations they may have, like little children, where they can fully rehabilitate and THEN be welcomed into a community. I'd still watch them after that but you can let them babysit your kids.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    First of all it's not a disease and I don't buy that psycho-babble. Words mean things and when you tag it as a disease it means you have no control over it, you do. You're just not ready to be unselfish, responsible and assimilate into a community as a member.Tapping someone with a Freudian Wand and telling them it's a disease does not help the problem, and it is a problem especially when these facilities move next to you. For those of you touting the great success of these places call them up and offer your home to the them, but you probably won't. The reason why they're there is because their own families don't even want them so they locate them next to yours. So come down off your soap boxes and stop cheerleading putting waste stations in residential neighborhoods. There are plenty of vacant military facilities, municipal buildings, hospitals and various other locations away from any possible temptations they may have, like little children, where they can fully rehabilitate and THEN be welcomed into a community. I'd still watch them after that but you can let them babysit your kids.
    I think I'll stick with the medical doctors opinion on what a disease is and not a biker from Brooklyn! It is the internet however and you are entitled to spew your uneducated medical opinion wherever you want I guess.......

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    My head is far from in a bag, it's ignorant opinions like yours and your friend up there that have head issues. I encourage you to take this up with your local politicians, police dept, home owner associations, and whom ever else you feel needs to hear how outraged you guys are.....I wish I could be there as they laugh in your face and tell you to stop wasting their time. Go ahead and request additional patrols from the police for these horrible people who are trying to beat the disease of addiction. They're "halfway" houses all over this country where people go to get sober and live with other sober people to try and better themselves. These aren't rehabs or drug addiction facilities, they're houses with a community of struggling people trying to help themselves and each other. The comments here act as if a full blown correctional facility is going up where you and your precious privileged and entitled family lay their spoiled heads every night. They obviously need to help each other any way they can because people like you wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. To each thy own and LIVE AND LET LIVE! Sober and proud of it!! I'm glad there's places that people can go to choose the path I walk.......even if it's in your backyard! Flame on....I won't be replying.
    LIAR.

Well an opinion is not a medical fact by its' own definition, it's like a theory, a guess, like global warming, tooth fairies, unicorns, pixie dust, addiction is a disease and Jimmy Hoffa is buried in Giants Stadium. BTW no need to get personal with the biker from Brooklyn wisecrack. We are exchanging opinions here and you know what they say about opinions - they're like as$holes every forum has one, we're even.

shooter
    He said he was gonna stop t4f. The ones that say that usually can't.